Refreshing Order Grouping & Setting Group Order

I think it’s looking for a specific state for it to change. If it’s blank it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Nice if that is the case… then same as being *.

EDIT: I suppose its easy enough to test … put show message action before and after the action to display state to see if it changes.

The state updates, and the order group updates, its just that it doesnt refresh the group as expected.

2 Likes

OK so I have a dirty fix for this to make it act as I was planning;

Sorry for the low quality of this video, was easier just to record on my phone but must have held too close…

Only issue now is a way to define the order of the group like we can do on the printed ticket.

From what I can tell the group ordering at the minute is in the order of the oldest/top order in the group which is understandably logical.

Yes, for sure, the display-order is based on time. You should be using the ordering functions of Printer Templates for a Kitchen Display on a Ticket Lister Widget. Not sure the order in the POS/Ticket display has any real value, though I can understand why you want that.

Have just been adding this setup to my hotel setup and trying to refine.

What is State Order for then?
Cant find anything on forum explaining/using this field…

States are ordered by state order.

Where are they ordered?

Just on the order state line?

We dont have a way to keep groups in order do we? On the order/ticket screen?

Unfortunately no. They sorted by entry order so last added order appears at the end of the list and we can scroll list to the end to display it.

1 Like

Would an update order date be big deal to add in a future refresh?
Would like to try and create a solution to sort order groups…
Thinking loop through courses, update to curent date so started updated, mains updated just after and desserts updated just after that. sound plausible?

Just wondering if we can group different order no to the same list.
I would like to see Seat 1 from order no. 20 and no. 21 group together.

Will check mine but pretty sure if they are ordered at different times they won’t group.
From what I remember grouping only works within an order ‘session’ and won’t group with already submitted orders - at least on screen.

I would be nice to see all orders group by seat before split it up. It is quite a pain if move wrong items and have to merge it back an split it again.

@JTRTech, I found an issue with Update Order Group. When I use this, kitchen print out will not merge order lines.

Please Note: This have Order Group (Terquoise Color Background)

Please Note: No Order Group (White Background)

@emre, any suggestion on these issues:

1. Group name will not refresh. It has to add order and cancel order for it to refresh. Display ticket action not work.
  2. Printed order won’t merge the same menu item but different group name (Seat 1, Seat 2…). I try to set same Key for every group but still not merge. As I shown on previous post. It has to be same group name and same key to merge.
  3. Is it possible to update group after order submit (different order no)? Right now, order won’t merge to the same tab like this: Edit: Actaully I already shown better screenshot on post 54.

BTW, I merge to the same tab only NEW orders (Same order no.).

I really like this feature, If it work, it would be very easy for wait staffs to see the whole order for each person even he/she order something later on.

You can see in my combo setup I swap out items across multiple groups on same ticket and they always update to correct group. It takes some study to really grasp this feature but it works great.

If already submitted you can’t update that group.

1 Like

Only when it was not submitted. aka new order add to ticket rules works.

Sometime customer ask to separate bill after order. It is hard to see if it can’t sort when there is so many items on ticket. They have to print it to check if they get everything right. Imagine if they have to move orders to new ticket to find out it wrong item the move wrong item out and merge back to the main ticket.