Refreshing Order Grouping & Setting Group Order

Did you tried using move tagged orders action?

@sukasem they don’t merge if grouping keys are different. How did you setup keys for grouping?

Group Name: Seat 1, Seat 2…
Key: same (All Seat have Key “same”)

I think it use Group Name and Key combination to merge.

I created a ticket like that.

… and it seems to merge fine.

What might be different on your setup?

You have to do Group Name Test 1 and Test 2
If the same Group Name, it works.

Group Name (Seat 1, Seat 2) and Key (same) was store as GroupTagName (Seat 1:same, Seat 2:same). That why it won’t match.

Seem like, I’m out of luck :frowning:

Sorry to drag this up, but it this still a restriction of order grouping? (groups are only created within each ordering session, and therefore later orders are not merged in to the same groups that were created when the first set or orders were made).

I understand that they can be grouped within a ticket printout, but it seems not to be possible on-screen. Is that correct?

Yes, the orders on screen are sorted by adding date, they are grouped into sessions, if you look above each group you’ll see a small user and time for those orders added. Order grouping as discussed here can only be reflected within those sections/sessions. However printing can complelty sort/group whole ticket.

OK cool. Thanks for clarifying @JTRTech

I was hoping to be able to show clients the ticket screen so they can see where their bill comes from, but if it looks confusing to them I will just print it to get the grouping to be presented correctly.

You could use a browser printer maybe? That would in essence be a printed ticket on screen. Like a customer display.

1 Like