Remarks OR Feedback

after using v4 i have listed few remarks. Most of them have already been implemented are achieve able and few of them are on its go.

1. operators dont like to use sub menu, or portions, one button for each product
  2. different color for each state
  3. reports : more custom report could be able to filter by date and time not by work period
  4. payment mode to be print separately like type of credit card considered as processor
  5. if item voided send sms to manager
  6. scroll bar width not enough difficult to scroll on small touch screen and tablet.
    9.system login to one screen in which you can view tables, navigate to reports and accounts
    10.integrate with ecommerce
    11.integrate with online ordering
  7. to show menu to customer with product details like picture and description
  8. customer view menu and place an order, order goes to kitchen and customer get updated
    14.kitchen order system should be more flexible like keep track and update for each order
    15.retail system should be more flexible and versatile like maintain stock level etc
  1. Which scroll bars are you talking about? if it is the main ticket on the pos screen you dont need the scroll bars, just slide the ticket up and down

scroll bar for menu prodcuts

Same as ticket, just scroll your finger to drag the categories up and down theres no need to use the scroll bar

i use finger to scroll down but sometimes the monitor dont seem to read

Could be an issue with your monitor, this feature was tested a while back and works fine

My Comments

1.operators dont like to use sub menu, or portions, one button for each product
Submenus are extreamly handy to avaoid the scrollbar (But thats up to You how to implement)
2.different color for each state
This is possible in V5
3.reports : more custom report could be able to filter by date and time not by work period
This is possible in V5
4.payment mode to be print separately like type of credit card considered as processor
This is also possible sure in V5
5.if item voided send sms to manager
Why do this, have Manager access to VOID Items only
6.scroll bar width not enough difficult to scroll on small touch screen and tablet.
Thats why we use submenus to avoid scrollbar
7.system login to one screen in which you can view tables, navigate to reports and accounts
Thats possible in the NAV Page / Main Page
8.integrate with ecommerce
Twitter integration
9.integrate with online ordering
Twitter intergration
10.to show menu to customer with product details like picture and description
I have implemented this true PHP read the forum. But more possible in V5
11.customer view menu and place an order, order goes to kitchen and customer get updated
How to update the customer, send SMS "your meal is ready for serving"
12.kitchen order system should be more flexible like keep track and update for each order
No problem to achieve this
13.retail system should be more flexible and versatile like maintain stock level etc
There is no issue with stock control.

So the question here is Do you understand the power of SambaPOS, I doub’t by placing this questions.
SambaPOS is that flexible to adapt to your needs.
Ask your question to a Professional POS vendor and wait for his answer back.

O yes, if your questions are answered as implemented, why asking them again. Makes it more confusing.
Strait questions do get strait answers from the forum members.

Possible already and has been for quite some time.

Show some examples?

Can do this with Custom Navigation screen in v5.

Possible now if required knowledge obtained.

Already possible in v5 now.

[quote=“madiha, post:1, topic:6894”]
operators dont like to use sub menu, or portions, one button for each product
[/quote]Nobody forcing you to use Sub Menu its up to you how you configure your own menu sambapos allows this customization.

Would need more information on this. Your talking about self service kiosk?

This is coming VERY soon.

Very generic no way to know what your actually talking about. The system is extremely versatile.

this was just a feedback…what i have mentioned was not possible in v4.24 when i started using samba but now its possible.

i just wanted to highlight :slight_smile: but anyways thankyou @kendash and @Peter_Cijsouw your explanation will be helpful for other also

ya kind of self service koisk

well one thing is that should be able to import product data and inventory from excel file directly from samba ( although @QMcKay and @john have put php setup for import)

and able to print barcode lablel from samba

Im pretty sure you can generate barcodes within the printer template (have seen receipts with reference barcode on the bottom) which would mean it should be possible to do.

i think receipt barcode are possible i was mentioning product barcode generator

RichH has been working on a menu adaption for retail which has drawn allot of interest, hopfully this will lead to developments opening Samba to be more retail friendly which in turn would probably/hopefully lead to additional barcode functions.
Am not sure if there is a printer template tag for product barcode, that would in turn be handy as coupled with a label printer would then allow printing of the barcodes straight from samba onto labels.
What type of products are you barcoding?

retail product like blouse, tops, abaya, pants . i am genrating barcode for each product e.g 251764S4800, 20DAK2L4644.

where first two digit rep category
then code from manufacture
then two digit size
then two digit color

i have about 1000+ prodcuts so its taking me alot of time to build the csv file also

Do they not come with barcodes already?
Understand your organization of barcodes but is it needed if the products come with a barcode?

You can generate barcodes and print them using {RANDOM:X} tag.

all of them dont come with barcode

so can we print these barcode and use them as barcode label

There isn’t a tag for product barcode though is there?

Yes, you would place it in the [ORDERS] section, as such …

[ORDERS]
<BAR>{BARCODE}

What @madiha is asking for though is for a way to print barcode labels to stick on the products so that they can later be scanned. I don’t think he actually wants to print barcodes on the customer receipt.

1 Like