SambaPOS 5.2.11 Beta Release

I tested it with lots of backups I have. I found few issues and fixed them.

I’m assuming everyone tested latest updates and found no issues with new performance improvements. So, are we ready to release?

4 Likes

Isn’t it like 2:30 am there? Get some sleep then release. Lol

2 Likes

I did notice an issue on the build from about a week ago (the second last one), I saw it on a client’s system. I have departments for takeaway and delivery/collection, ticket types for takeaway, collection, delivery. Client took an order for collection (in delivery/collection department), after closing ticket, then clicked takeaway department and started new ticket. Default on takeaway department is takeaway ticket type. However, “last used” collection ticket type got used on that new takeaway ticket. I verified all settings and all were correct.

I also took a backup and tested on my system, but I had the latest build of v5.2.11 (this is the same backup I sent you @emre today by PM). I could not reproduce this issue on my own system, but I could reproduce on the client’s system.

I was meaning to test more before mentioning but since you are ready to release, felt it best to mention now.

I’ve tested 5.2.11 in workshop environment and havent noticed negative impacts.
I’ve seen improvements definitely.
So i tested it in 3 live environments and no one has complained so far which is a good thing.
So on this end its good to go live.

1 Like

Check if a default menu is assigned to that ticket type.

Yeah it is. Like I say I can’t reproduce it on latest build on my own system but I saw it happen myself on customer system which I had recently upgraded to the second last build. There was other issues with the system with lagging which is why I sent the DB to Emre, it could well be the issues are linked.

Try removing the default menu from ticket type? That setting often reaks havoc when switching departments. But I too notice this. I notice it with delivery system. I have to be careful if I go to delivery entity screen and then back too ticket even if I close ticket sometimes next ticket is delivery and it messes up the state flow.

1 Like

Do you have exact repeatable steps to reproduce it, so I can test if the same happens for me? Like I say, I can’t reproduce on my own system. I’ve also never seen the issue myself. If it is related to the default menu like you say, I have quite a number of clients already setup like that (this one is the first to report this issue though).

In the past I’ve only ever removed the default menu when using more than one menu and switching with fast menu buttons. On this setup and with the majority of our clients, they only use one menu. @Jesse are you just using one menu, or were you thinking it was because you thought I might be using different menus for each ticket type?

So we can close this topic. We released 5.2.12. After this we will talk for new 5.2.13 Beta

On your backup there is a test ticket that appears on takeaway hold list but the type of this ticket is actually a collection ticket. How did you do that?

Ah great, I didn’t realise it was still there. This is the ticket that had the problem I mentioned above that I created on the client’s system. I can’t reproduce this issue on my own system, tried a few times. How I created it was exactly like I mentioned in this previous post. Kendash said he has experienced same before, but I have the default menu set in ticket type on many setups and never had this issue, and so far none of my other clients have reported it.

The only thing I noticed is the print last receipt button. You allow it to run when there is a uncompleted takeaway ticket. However if last ticket is a collection ticket that loads the collection ticket to memory to print the ticket. I’m not sure if it is the problem or not though. I couldn’t reproduce this exactly.

Please let me know if you notice something related.

1 Like

I have not tested for this. I will do some specific tests later. This client didn’t use that button neither did I when the wrong ticket type issue happened.

1 Like