SambaPOS 5.2.11 Beta Release

I had a strange thing happen in this version today. I was running a trial on one of the clients and I set permissions for the barman to do a few things. The system kept on giving the barman full access even if I untick the admin when creating the bar user.

It worked for a few mins then gave the barman all admin access

How do you know? Did you disable some features.

@silentbob I found one of your old backups you sent me and understood payment screen does not displays. I added a new setting to Display Payment Screen action to display screen after saving ticket fully completes. On next update you can enable it to solve your problem.

3 Likes

I uploaded a new beta version (5.2.11) Please look at to first post for new features. Thanks.

1 Like

Is the new download at the top of the page?

Yes true at the top of this post.

1 Like

@emre the issue i have with doing a price change is still there, even though i select the order to change price and add an order tag its still updating ALL orders on the ticket.

Here i only selected the first order on the ticket to change price from £4.00 to £2.00 with order tag added as Manager Discretion but it has changed all three orders

It also does the same for order line discounts when selecting the “reason” from the command menu that appears from pressing the auto command button

Can you reproduce it on the backup I sent you?

1 Like

Wow that is a cool feature… small I know but thats a great step for easy usability. As a reseller being able to provide self install kits is huge and little features like this contribute greatly to that. @VehbiEmiroglu @emre great job on recognizing that. I hope to see more features like this.

1 Like

So does that mean. It would print direct to network printer not installed in Windows?

Test it out and see :stuck_out_tongue:

This is also an experimental feature like Auto Discovery Message Server functionality.

So how would we use it? I am not seeing the ability to search for printers in Printer Setup. Do they auto populate in Share name field?

Quick suggestion for Message Server search function. Make it auto populate the message server settings when it finds it. Or give us an option to auto populate when it finds it.

oh wow this could be great for me, I have a network printer I cant seem to install at a location.

Yes I reproduced it. I’ll look that in detail.

1 Like

OK seems like my commit message is a little misleading but network printer feature solves this issue.

Would you want SambaPOS finds network printers and enumerates them in printer selection combo?

Brill thanks for that Emre

1 Like

It will work fine on next update.

1 Like

Superstar thanks emre

1 Like

That works perfect, thank you!