SambaPOS 5.2.14 Release

They’ve always had it. I checked every box under Permissions and it still prints with an Asterisk where it should have the servers name.

If it’s putting an astriks that means they are not logged in. Do you have some autologout automation ?

1 Like

I do… 1538523367008495589158456765696|690x517
Apologies for the picture but I’m not there anymore. Shouldn’t it print read before it logs out though?

Sorry

Check what it shows fir user name in bottom right. Does it show an asterisk there?

1 Like

No, @Jesse is right. If I remove the Logout User action everything is fine. I just don’t understand what changed and wht the print read action doesn’t fire first. …and whats with the Async check box?

It probably doesn’t have time to finish before logout.

@emre thanks for the fix!

1 Like

What you’ll need to do is:

1. remove the logout action from that rule
  2. Add an auto command action with delay action instead
  3. In the auto command action put “Logout With Delay” as the auto command and enter a delay of 1 (for 1 second)
  4. Create a new auto command executed rule with auto command name equals “Logout With Delay”
  5. Add your logout action to the rule just created

This happens sometimes with auto logout as the system doesn’t have time to process other things whilst logging out so we need to delay the logout slightly

By doing the above it will delay the system logging out by 1 second, giving the system time to process other background functions and print your reads before logging out

If it still doesn’t work change the delay from 1 to 2 seconds and try it again

3 Likes

Execute print job starts working after all rules executes. Enable “High Priority” setting to make it work at the moment it called.

5 Likes

You can also capture the “last user” to a ticket tag each time ticket is opened / created, then use the ticket tag in your receipt instead of user. This is the way we get around it. I’m surprised you only experience this * now, we have experienced it for as long as I can remember when using auto logout.

3 Likes

whats up with the new async check boxes for actions in rules? I am already seeing it help me with development for implementing order tag note setup but not fully understanding how it works. Can someone explain it please?

3 Likes

@emre Just tried to Clone a Menu. I get the following error:

-----------------------------
[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version:     5.2.14
Region:      en
DB:          SQ
Machine:     POS1
User:        EPOS User
Date:        04/10/2018
Time:        22:53

User Explanation:

EPOS User said ""

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type:        System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Message:     Property accessor 'WrappedCaption' on object 'Samba.Domain.Models.Menus.ScreenMenuItem' threw the following exception:'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'
Source:      System
Stack Trace: at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component)
   at Omu.ValueInjecter.ConventionInjection.Inject(Object source, Object target)
   at Omu.ValueInjecter.ValueInjection.Map(Object source, Object target)
   at Omu.ValueInjecter.StaticValueInjecter.InjectFrom[T](Object target, Object[] source)
   at Samba.Infrastructure.Data.Injection.EntityInjection.SetValue(ConventionInfo c)
   at Omu.ValueInjecter.StaticValueInjecter.InjectFrom[T](Object target, Object[] source)
   at Samba.Infrastructure.Data.Injection.EntityInjection.SetValue(ConventionInfo c)
   at Samba.Infrastructure.Data.Serializer.ObjectCloner.EntityClone[T](T item)
   at Samba.Presentation.Common.ModelBase.EntityCollectionViewModelBase`2.OnDuplicateItem(Object obj)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommand`1.<>c__DisplayClass6.<.ctor>b__2(Object o)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommandBase.Execute(Object parameter)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommandBase.System.Windows.Input.ICommand.Execute(Object parameter)
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Inner Exception 1
Type:        System.NullReferenceException
Message:     Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source:      Samba.Infrastructure
Stack Trace: at Samba.Infrastructure.Helpers.Utility.Get2Lines(String input)
   at Samba.Domain.Models.Menus.ScreenMenuItem.get_WrappedCaption()

[Assembly Info]

mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure.Data, Version=1.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.LayoutControl.v16.2, Version=16.2.13.0
System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v16.2, Version=16.2.13.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v16.2.Core, Version=16.2.13.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v16.2, Version=16.2.13.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
Stateless, Version=1.0.0.0
PropertyTools, Version=2012.4.14.1
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
ReachFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0
FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0
Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0
Omu.ValueInjecter, Version=2.3.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
DevExpress.Data.v16.2, Version=16.2.13.0
NCalc, Version=1.3.8.0
WindowsInput, Version=1.0.4.0

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB
--CodeSet = 1252
--CSDVersion = 
--CurrentTimeZone = 60
--FreePhysicalMemory = 2427328
--OSArchitecture = 64-bit
--OSLanguage = 1033
--ServicePackMajorVersion = 0
--ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
--Version = 10.0.14393

Machine
-POS1
--Manufacturer = Default string
--Model = Default string
--TotalPhysicalMemory = 4106600448
--UserName = POS1\EPOS User

EDIT: Checked all menu products have a “Name”. Only thing odd is I noticed some categories, “Sort Order” is set to 0 on all products, not sure how that happened since I haven’t touched the sort order.

EDIT: I’ve went through and selected then saved “Sort Category Products” on all those categories with 0 sort order so they all had “correct” values in place. Tried to clone menu again, same error and crash.

UPDATE: Ok, this is not only my setup - I get the same error and crash on a fresh sample database if I try to clone the Menu. I can reproduce it on 2 different systems.

3 Likes

On 5.2.14 “if no header defined” changing Product name will change Menu button caption automatically. I think that issue relates with that feature. That works fine for me as I’ve recently changed “Caption Wrapping” feature so I couldn’t reproduce it but it will work fine on next update.

2 Likes

I created a new topic for 5.1.15 Beta Release and uploaded a fresh build. Thanks.

1 Like

Getting a bit ahead of the rest of us @VehbiEmiroglu :wink:

ahah yes i’m far away :slight_smile: I’m using 5.5.12 but i’m sending you 5.2.14. Hahahah

1 Like

How do we activate the Autodiscovery?

Put an * for server address

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.