SambaPOS Database Configuration

@natascafe What happened and what were you expecting?

Lol i noticed a couple of times but curiosity got the better if me, youre testing new updates then? Any others you can suprise us with??? :slight_smile:

@rickh before we hijack the thread too much more I will just say there will be a very big release soon. There are some things that are being worked on that will blow your mind. Lots of changes will happen and I think you and everyone will really like the work @emre has been doing. Lets just say the black theme is just one very small part of whats coming.

2 Likes

@natascafe take a break and eat some lunch or dinner and then come back and give us some more details of whats happening we can work through it.

Honestly I had no expectations…I can make the worlds best cappuccino but technically I’m about a 5 out of 10.
when I open samba on the second machine its untouched. I have the backup file. But I don’t know how to get samba to open using it.

You open Samba First then set the connection string to that computers SQL server. Settings > Local Settings > Database

Once connected you need to activate the module then load the backup from database backups;.

The backup module isn’t on the second machine…how do I get it there?

Is it connected to your SQL Server and does that computer have access to internet?

yes it is…

1 Like

Did you go to SambaMarket from inside SambaPOS and then login?

haa…when I go to sambapos website after clicking Samba Network… where do I get the screen you are showing?

I am not on the website I am in SambaPOS. Mine is dark because I am on a test version. Yours would look like this except it would have white background. In Main Menu click on Market.

When I Click Samba Network I end up on what looks like the Home Page for the website but there is no where to sign in

From the Main Menu click Samba Market. I am not talking about the Manage screen.

haha…oh boy…

Database Backup is greyed out

Ok upper right corner make sure you are logged in.

yes… I have signed in

You may need to go to the SambaMarket website and clear your license keys. then restart SambaPOS.

OK…not sure what that does but I trust you!

You wont lose your license for it. Its designed to work with 1 database so to prevent fraud… ie people purchasing it and then installing it across multiple sites etc.

Since your using the same database you will be fine.