Service Charge inclusive

Try changing service to 7.42 and check the values.
I calculate it should be 9.68 gst and 11.97 service.
But thats the values based on no tax on service and my math, havnt check if setting 7.42 in samba will calculate values i did as not sure exactly how samba back calculates multiple taxes.

will go near the PC and let you know if that works for meā€¦ had been going bonkers over thisā€¦ I dunno most of the terms u are using, gross and net stuffsā€¦ m jst an IT guy who is trying to get this run. lol

well they say only 2 constants in lifeā€¦ death and taxes. but it is important to make sure taxes are calculated correctly.
net is price exc tax, gross including.

just remember this when working with inclusive pricing;

if price includes x% tax its not x% of gross price the price includes x% of the net value as described above

I have never really heard of service charge thats included in price. Taxes I have its common but service charges are almost always after the fact hence the service charge. What are you charging a service charge for? Is it really just a tax?

In Maldives, you would find every restaurant/cafe charges tax 6% and a service charge of 7% on the total :slight_smile: this has been how it is :smiley:

And with both of your help, i have finally found a perfect solution for my needā€¦
I removed the Tax i added which was named as Service Charge, and kept the GST as Tax onlyā€¦ and i made an entry on the Ticket Printer Template

1 Like

So you are charging tax on service charge thenā€¦
So the answer using taxes would have been to increase the tax% to also account for the tax on the service charge.