Should I use SambaPos 3 or 4 for Business?

Im new here, can anyone tell me should I use SambaPOS 3 or SambaPOS 4 for business and for free? Thanks

A bit of info about your business will help the community assist you with making a decision. Are you running a restaurant?

If i were to chose between v3 or v4 i’d go with v4. Sure, v3 is open source but are you planning/willing to modify source code to achieve your end goal?

I’ve found v4 to be very powerful and there are so many different aspects of the system you can change without modifying source code.

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks, I am planning to open a cafe but on a low budget, and POS systems in my country are quite costly. So, I am looking for a POS that I can easily modify by myself.

Anyway, do I have to pay to use SambaPOS v4?

No you don’t have to pay. However we have few paid modules for V4. You can read more about that here.

Thanks for the answer, i have just another question after learning to use SambaPOS v4, can I check or create Items Sold list like of the day or the month?

Thanks

Yes you can.

If you get the Custom Report Module for v5 (which is included in v5), you can use Report Tags and/or SQL Script to generate Reports for just about anything.

If you prefer, you can also just use SQL script to dump data out of the Database.

1 Like