Slowdown With Task Types

I actually really think the script method is a very bad approach. Its pulling tasks query for every single data field requested. Id really like to think I can figure this out.

1 Like

Right. I think there is something we are missing with the nested tag.

I know printer templates behave strangely with nested tags… sometimes I had to try different brackets and quotes. But if used in a rule for example it doesnt have that same issue

Let me look through mine i use nested tags in templates.

Okay would be amazing if we could figure this out. I client has to wait 12 seconds for every receipt to print out its pretty bad.

Are you using plastic Mag cards?

Yeah, we print them in china for really cheap. Works out great.

I would probably not use tasks at all. I would use a custom payment type and store the info as Payment Description. Payment Description is a Payment Processor.

Where would we store card value? I think there was something I didn’t like about the existing methods.

Card value can be stored in accounts.

I was working on a system with plastic cards. I had it working quite well. I will finish it and share it.

1 Like

I even made it work with preencoded cards I had left over from Cake.

The reason I made mine was because I specifically wanted a very simple system where there was a add new gift card button on payment screen and it simply asked them to swipe card and how much and done. Then if they want to use it they simply select Gift Card payment method and they swipe card.

If we are creating that many accounts you dont think it will be an issue? This place sells ALOT of gift cards lol. I feel like managing all those accounts in their database would be a hassle. Tasks are very lightweight and meant for storing a lot of data according to emre.

Honestly I am not confident on most approaches I take though you may very well have a much better solution than me. Problem is I deployed this for 18 customers already :frowning:

The setup I did worked just like that. THe account was linked there was no need to manage them. Everything was done on the pos just like normal.

Ill definitely look at it once you get to it.

I had it fully working just a few minor things to work out. Mostly things related to the pre-encoded crap that I had to truncate.

You can do that with your mag reader driver software. HP let me optionally leave out the preencoded stuff

Yeah I havnt messed with it yet… Honestly i havnt messed with mag readers much. I will look into that.

Yeah if you want to resell def a hard requirement.

I mean of course I have used them and tested them I just havnt messed with the drivers. For most setups they are not needed.