Sorry to bug you guys again but

Disregard the last message. The msg server is now connected. Let me try directly connecting to the computers ip address.

Connected to the ip address still says the same thing but Iā€™m sure the server is up and running on the main pc. Anything I should check and give you info on?

I followed this

Iā€™m sure the db is correctly configured on host system but I get the same error when trying to connect on system 2. Iā€™ve even turned the firewall off and tried a direct connect to the computers ip. Iā€™m assuming thereā€™s still a simple configuration or setting Iā€™m missing either in samba sql or firewall.

From the screenshot you posted, you have the server name POLOS1/SAMBA with a / (forward slash). Network names use \ (back slash). It should be POLOS1\SAMBA.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve tried it both ways still nothing even tried using two \'s

Can you connect to your database using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio? If so show us a screenshot once connected.

Itā€™s connected. Ill attach some pictures I took last night before I went home. Hopefully they will suffice and maybe give you an idea on why I canā€™t connect from the client to the main pc.

If I wasnā€™t connected I wouldnā€™t be able to get into management studio. It says itā€™s connected.

Yes but I just wanted to see the screen after login not all the setup stuff. Btw just hit PRint Screen button on your keyboard then paste it in here with control+ v.

We do not use this computer for the internet so thatā€™s what Iā€™m having to take pictures with my phone. These are the only pictures I have and it will be Wednesday before I go back to the restaurant I was hoping to have a solution between now and then. Sorry I canā€™t provide anything else at the moment but when I start the management studio it connects when I hit connect and it says connected so Iā€™m just not understanding why pc wonā€™t connect to the host db.

Take a picture of your login screen in MSSMS before you login so I can see the instance.

Actually instance name is showing in the title bar of those screenshots. It looks correct.

1 Like

Ok so his server is working so his next step is to read your post and check this post to troubleshoot connecting his client.

2 Likes

That last post helped a lot! Using that tutorial I was able to get the two systems connected! Thanks. If I need help with anything else Iā€™ll be sure to let you know

1 Like

mark i sent you an email at storeseen

I didnā€™t receive any email from you. You can also send me a private message on forum, just click my name and click Message.