Spam email from Sambapos

I have SambaPOS 5.1.62 installed and everytime I send and email from Sambapos it is picked up as Spam by Gmail. I don’t want to upgrade as I have no other issues. I use pdfcreator to create the pdf and Sambapos then sends the pdf. This has worked without issues for years. If I open Outlook and attached the pdf manually using same email as Samba the email does not be detected as Spam. Only happens from SambaPOS. I will upgrade if this will solve the issue but I dont want to upgrade if it wont as its a live system with some modifications

1 Like

Add some content to the body and check you settings.
To use Gmail you would have opened up less secure option in Gmail and the email is likely lacking in content used to tell if it’s spam or not.
This can happen with any email provider. We find all often flags our booking system emails as spam where other providers don’t.

1 Like

I am not using gmail to send. Gmail detects email sent from Samba as SPAM. This is the message that has always been sent.

Hi,\r\rThank you for calling in to our store recently. Please find your Layaway attached. \rDon't hesitate in contacting us if you have any queries.\r\rKindest Regards.\r\rCompany Name Ltd.

1 Like

Who are you sending through then? Samba can’t just send emails itself. You would have setup smtp in send email action.

1 Like

Yes its my hosting provider SMTP. Its only Spam from Samba though. I can send email from outlook using same smtp server and its not spam.

1 Like

Has it changed recently, was it ok before?
Have you checked the from fields etc?

I don’t understand how it’s a Sambapos issue. It just sends the email it doesn’t do anything to mark as spam.

Here are some tips to look at. https://optinmonster.com/11-reasons-why-your-emails-go-in-the-spam-box-and-how-to-make-sure-they-dont/

1 Like

Nothing has change at all. As I said I don’t even want to upgrade it as it just always worked

Upgrading would likely do nothing. I find it hard to believe it’s a Sambapos issue. All it does is send the email.

Likely it has more to do with subject, from fields etc. Filters are what determines spam not the client that sends it.

Pdf creator generates the PDF. I have outlook setup with the very same smtp user and settings. I can attach the pdf in Outlook and send to a Gmail account and it does not be detected as Spam. I send from SambaPOS and its Spam.

You need to understand that it’s the client filters that determine spam not the sending client. Lots of them detect spam from known lists, subject, etc.

Ok I will check the Subject etc…

tiles123

It’s not the sending client that triggers spam filters. It’s the retreiving client or isp.

There are various laws in some countries about spam email too and some clients look for specific things in the email like ways to opt out of getting them.

I tested on another system running 5.1.61 but uses Office 365 Smtp and they are not detected as Spam. I will get hosting provider to check settings on their end again.

Technically what your sending is spam. I would look into a way to format it so it’s more official and has a way to opt out etc.

Format it in what way?

Give option to opt out of receiving it. Make it less repetitive, give clear meaningful subject, etc. It’s client filters and people marking things as spam that causes algorithms to mark it as spam.