SQL 2014 error, please I need your help

Please, help me out… I installed sambapos v5 with sql 2014. I always get this error every week that makes me to always install new SQL 2014 and re- enter my items again.

The error:

I got this message from the sql server.

pls what is the solution.

TITLE: Connect to Server

Cannot connect to LOUNGE-PC\SAMBAPOS.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Prov…

Pls, I need your professional advice…

Your system cannot connect to SQL Server. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Check if SQL Server is running.

Also are you having this problem on the same machine that SQL Server is installed, or you are connecting to SQL Server that is installed on a different machine?

Regardless, this error is no reason to be reinstalling SQL Server and it is very likely you are making the situation worse if you keep installing new instances of SQL Server!

Please have a read through this topic also, it covers most common database connection issues:

1 Like