SQL server issue

I added the two rules and still no luck.

And this is the error when trying to connect

Please do us a favor and take screenshots and paste them here pictures of a screen with a phone are hard to see and i certainly dont like tilting my head to read an error.

Press print screen then just simply paste it here.

1 Like

Sorry. The only reason I was doing that is because the host machine is very old and slow, so it takes quite a while to compose and publish a post. Here is the error on the windows run tablet being used to connect to the host.

What kind of ip address is that? Isn’t ipv4 and doesn’t look like ipv6 either.
Did you do the trunks bit of the SQL tutorial? I’ve missed that step before.

1 Like

I just went into CMD and typed ipconfig and used the address under IPv4 address. I’ve watched many tutorials on setting it up, but maybe I missed something. Is there a resource you can direct me to that shows me how to do that?

Its defiantly not IPV4, take of the 92.164 at the beginning… 192.168.2.114 sounds more like a normal ipv4 address of a LAN

1 Like

I think you’re right, how do I get it to be changed?

It would be imposible to have an IPV4 address with 6 sections, think your just connecting to wrong location. Does it work with 192.168.2.114?

1 Like

Now this is what I get…

This is where I got the IP address from

You havnt taken the 92.164 off and you have removed the instance etc…

exactly, ip is 192.168.2.114

Oops I didn’t mean to do that, sorry!

check you have correct settings like instance name etc by connecting locally on server machine.

make sure you follow every step of this;

Okay so I followed all of those steps, and downloaded TOAD on my host machine and it connected successfully, but entering the same info on the windows tablet through TOAD did not work.

This is from the tablet, the exact same as what I used to check the connection on the host

Am I supposed to install another server on the tablet? I assumed I should just download and install the SQL 2014 on the host PC and use TOAD to connect to it…

What the heck is Toad? Just get Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. Also while your at it you should get latest version of SQL Express which is 2017. Obviously you configured something wrong. It will be hard for us to help you with what your giving us. Also I am not sure what Toad is… looks like some third party tool but MSSMS is free and does what you need.

PS you can repair your SQL Express installation by running installer again. You should pay special attention to instance portion and the password portion.

I’m not familier with toad but if you can connect on server locally but not remotely you have obviously missed something or have a misscofigeration.
SQL is not available remotely by default, you need to follow the steps of the turuorial to setup trunks and open ports etc.
The tutorial works, Ive sold dozens of multi till systems setup following that tutorial for the SQL config so it definitely works.

I did not see the part of the tutorial that focuses on trunks… Is that in the comments section?

I’m not using SQL management studio because I can’t find a version that will work on my 32 bit tablet, and it does not come automatically when I downloaded SQL server