States Question

Its because your using the SAME group code as the State that also uses Status group code that is assigned at ticket created rule.

All states are always visible to admin users.

1 Like

Bah ok I thought I was on to something… that makes more sense thank you. However If Admin or not… I am able to control when something shows on ticket by using Group Code effectively… So was I almost right? It seemed like it was working with behavior like I was describing. I am able to control my Payment Status State to show only after Payment processed. Even if I am in Admin.

It displays if it has a value so as you’ve didn’t set a value for PStatus before payment it won’t display.

I display them for admin users to make debugging easier. Otherwise we should add separate configuration for admin users to show them on tickets.

Edit: I’ve allowed to hide state values from users as they don’t really need to see state values that we use to control flow. For example we don’t need to show (new, void, gift) values to users so we can hide them.

1 Like

That makes sense thank you. I am glad you explained that… I can fine tune my system with that knowledge thank you.

I have question about State Order.
Is there a better way to set State Order? I have to create individual actual for each state to set State Order. I have to create 20 actions for 20 seats lol. May be I have to use Seat 01 then take last 2 letters for State Order.

This State Order is suppose to set only once right?

At first I need to understand how you are setting state order before I can recommend something better. Sorry if it was mentioned in the post or something I should remember :slight_smile:

You do not have to create an actual state for each seat… you misread what I told you to do. let me reference that again on minute.

Maybe i misunderstood what you meant by state order… are you talking about in your ticket template?

Just make that a variable and define it in rule

Maybe I am thinking about something different. I will be quiet now and let you talk more haha.

That is right State Order. This is the key to make the ticket print out sorting work. I still working on it. too busy today.

Use a variable for it and then you only need 1 action.

How to use variable? Right now I use Substring to get 2 last letters (01,02,03…)
I got weird issue with seating.
Seat 01 order Sandwich
Seat 02 order Burger
Seat 03 order Pizza
Seat 04 order Sandwich

When I print bill by seat {ORDER STATE:Seating} I got error popup:

But if nobody order the same thing there is no problem.
It’s weird because it doesn’t happen when I use order state Course

EDIT: I thought it was Group Sum issue but it’s not. I add Group Sum to Kitchen template which grouped by Order State Course. Hmm… what course it?

Can you show your use of the Substring to see where your inserting it?

I now try both Seat number and State Order with just 1, 2, 3…
No substring, No space in Order State, Still not working.

EDIT: But I glad Course working. Seat Number is not my priority.

Tomorrow I will create your setup and mess with it see if I can figure it out.

Do you know where is the order state store in database. It must be something in State order?
I still using SDF. I will convert to SQLExpress. Don’t know software to open SDF

So its working when you fix that?

Not yet, I thought I found it but still having the same problem.
Actually, it’s State Order which make that error. It is working when no State Order.

I have no idea how State Order works.
Here is what I know:
If I don’t set State Order, Print ticket will print out order as it receive (first State found will group that state first).
If I set State Order (10,20,30…), It works as long as the State has not changed. If I change State, it will popup “Sequence contains morn than one matching element”.

@emre @Jesse Could you please explain how to use state order and state value?

@sukasem I think that relates with Merge Lines setting of printer template. When that setting is enabled duplicate orders merges to a single line and as that single line contains both seat values reading a seat value generates the error. I mean error message says “an order contains more than one seat values”. As you mean to write seat next to order line I think you can disable Merge Lines setting.

2 Likes

That was it. Have to UNCHECKED merge line in printer template.
What weird is merge line working in Course state but not Seat state.

But I have to try to test changing state if it work