Step by Step Guidance on setting up Caller ID Feature

Okay @pizzaeilat4 thanks for the help, I have started a new post as this a new topic.

1 Like

By your rules and actions it looks like you are calling a Widget by name, which is why it only works on a custom entity screen.

@emre I was able to setup the CallerID well. It works perfectly!

I have a question. Can I answer in the computer? Because I want to force the waiters to take all the orders through the SambaPOS and not being able to take orders in the phone and then pass them to the SambaPOS.

What is the normal behavior or use of the Phone with the Caller ID? The idea is that the person should answer in the normal phone and see who is calling in the SambaPOS? In that case you need a phone line for the computer and another one for the phone.

Or the idea is to connect the phone line to the computer and you can answer and manage the calls through the computer? I would prefer this case.

Anybody?

@emre @Jesse @QMcKay

There is no phone line integration for now. We only display caller id information. That will require different handling as phone can ring while we’re creating a ticket.

For the above requirement would VoIP Technology work?

Most VoIP companies provide the features that normal phone companies charge extra for when they are added to your service plan. VoIP includes:
Caller ID
Call waiting
Call transfer
Repeat dial
Return call
Three-way calling

Additional Information on VoIP:

http://www.itspa.org.uk/FAQs.shtml

Yes some modem models also supports some of these features however if I’ve didn’t misunderstood it @dcarey asking for creating new tickets by answering calls. There’ll be no phone device and operators will talk through headphones like call centers does. That might be possible by using automation features but I don’t know how it can be done.

Hello, I have a device that was intended for other POS systems. Putty is giving data and I assume that this can work with the correct formating. I would be thankful for any help. The putty sting is “01 I S 0000 G A1 11/26 11:45 PM ???-???-??? CELLULAR CALL” I have changed the actual phone number to all ? for privacy. Thank you again!

Hello @k7raid. Can you call it from multiple phone numbers and list putty outputs here? We can probably make it work but I want to see if it contains a static data that does not change between phone calls.

Thank you for being so thorough emre. the putty data is as follows;
01 I S 0000 G A1 11/27 00:08 AM ???-???-??? CELLULAR CALL
01 I S 0000 G A1 11/27 08:04 AM ???-???-??? ALL AMERICAN CO
01 I S 0000 G A1 11/27 08:23 AM ???-???-??? HLYWD MINIMART

fortunately it looks static. Thank you again.

Can you try using this match pattern? .{32}([^\s]+)

I tried that using the device as generic Modem, I also deleted the “trim chars” data that is in by default and I am still not getting a pop up showing any incoming call. Am I missing something? This device needs no init and actually will not handle commands, it seems to just pull caller-id data no matter what.

Did you configured Entity Type or do you have an entity type named as Customers?

I had renamed them, I set it back to Customers , both the entiry and entity type. I am failing to see where the tie in is. I also noticed that on all of the screen shots in this post, the word connected in green at the bottom of POS windows. Should this be showing on my POS as well?

I am limited to 3 responses as a new user, so I had to edit this post.

Sorry to be taking so much of your time, I have the following entered ;
Port COM1
Baud Rate 9600
Match Pattern .{32}([^\s]+)
Entity type name Customers

When I have putty running I get the popup message “Unable to open COM port”, so I know the popup dialog is working. I am not getting anything other message when putty is closed, and I start the POS and attempt a test dial. Does it matter if the database is on another machine?

I installed a fresh copy of SambaPOS on the machine with the Caller-ID device connected to it. Using the sample data I configured the device. I am having the same issue where I do not get a popup on an incoming phone call.

Type the name of the entity type you want to use for customers.

Green connected label is something else. Relates with message server.

Dear @emre,

I bought CID602 caller id device. I ınstall driver and test it with program given by manufacturer. It is working.

1. Is it CID Show device? Or anothers? (Generic Modem,Hugin Caller Id etc)
    If it is CID Show modem i couldnt find any tutorials or questions about this device?

Can you help me for settings of CID602 on Sambapos 4

Can you tell us what you have accomplished so far and what seems to work and not work?

Hi,

As the option for CID602 is not listed under Sambapos 4 under devices. I would recommend trying with GENERIC MODEM or Advanced Generic Modem.

If the CID602 is using a COM port PORT make note of it, this can be found in device manager.

Below is an example for a modem configured to COM3

Setp 2:

Selct Generic Modem
Select Settings and Select the PORT (COMx, which ever PORT CID602 is configured to)

@kendash
I made connection of my caller id device and test it with test program which is given by manufacterer. It is working.
Then i open sambapos( i installed caller id module on samba market already) and local setting>>devices which device should i select i dont know… Cid602 is which device i dont know… Hugin caller id, generic modem, cid show i dont know…
When i click my computer sertings devices and printer. There is mu caller id device named CID v6 and i right click there isnt com port etc… I think it is cidshow. If it is cid show how can i set it up? I try terminal name server device is chid show… The setting seciton is empty… I call my cafe there is not any warning,screen, message etc on sambapos