Switch Menus with FAST MENU

No ticket will be created BEFORE item adding else whats it adding the order to? :slight_smile:

I believe the menu is being reset on ticket created not order added which is what i was trying to explain, creating ticket before adding the item will confirm this either way.

Ok technically that is the order things happen. I just meant that the ticket creation is initiated by adding the first item to the ticket.

I have added a create ticket action but It creates another problem for me. because it is a new ticket, I cannot open other tickets assigned to tables.

I think I am going to have to remove default menus from my departments and tickets and use some rules to reset the menu to my default on user login, ticket closing and the close ticket rule. Hopefully that will cover everything.

I merely meant it to confirm that it was ticket creation not order adding that was causing the change on menu, not that it was going to be a solution.

I think we got the ability to read current menu in a {:xxxx} type tag not so long ago (but might be wrong on that) which could mean you could combat the default menu reset on ticket created with a short flow which remembers the menu before.

Thank You, Using it for Take away menu as in our premises take away meals are cheaper than to dine in, So this saves me changing the price all the time someone orders take away :heart:

Are you using price lists? If not would be most efficient way if menus are same with different prices as only have 1 product with the different prices rather than two whole sets of prices.
Then set the price list based on whatever event you want. custom menu button with automation command, normal button, ask question on ticket created, … options are almost limitless.

1 Like

This is great. How did you make it so the fast buttons change when selected? You mention something in your writeup about this but when I change the color in the edit product property, it just changes the color permanently.

Thanks,

Here is my version of this btw.

3 Likes

Hello Kendash

I’m trying to do something similar there is a tutorial about it?

This very Topic is the Tutorial.

You can implement this now by following the information posted here.

I found a funny thing that might be a bug:
I followed this tutorial and set up a button to switch to a menu where I plan to put most often sold products. It works like a charm but on a small screen where there is a separate screen for adding orders it adds the buttons as if it was a product. See here please:

Could you please look at it @emre ?

Thank you,
Ondra

1 Like

I could be wrong but I think that’s how the scaling is designed to work and smaller sized tablets etc

1 Like

That’s ‘portrate’ mode.

1 Like

The portrait mode works well but I don’t think it should add the custom button as a product. That’s what I wanted to show :slight_smile:

2 Likes

See what your saying there.
@emre
He will probably ask to see the settings for that to clarify how it’s configured so show your menu setup.

I got it. Let me test to understand what is wrong there.

I followed the tutorial: Here’s the setup, if it helps:

¨

I have two Menus - “Menu” and “Top”, both with Fast Menu category. I added a Custom Button to each of them and added “Change Top Menu” as an Autommation Command to the Menu custom button and “Change Menu Menu” to the Top custom button.

1 Like

So I’m adding names to be able to visualize automation commands that adds products to ticket but for automation commands that does not add products it makes no sense to add to list. I need to understand if it should appear on selection list or not. hmm…

Show the menu setup just to clarify the button is setup as expected

OK. On next update you’ll be able to prevent these commands to appear in the list by setting quantity to 0. Thank you very much for reporting the issue.

Here is a sample. Sorry for Turkish but all pink items are toppings of ice cream and green button is “OK” button. See how I’m adding ice cream (dondurma) product by choosing toppings (order tags) and click “OK”.

2018-09-02_23-11-35

All buttons are custom buttons but pink buttons (toppings) will appear in the list but green button won’t as I’ve set quantity to 0.

4 Likes

Thank you, works as expected with the new beta