Terminal prints old number on receipt instead of a higher number

Sorry I tried to create this many ways but I’m not getting it right will you please show how you are able to achieve this with Sharex.

I am also looking at this tutorial which seems to be saying a similar thing like you have said but I cannot get the same result.

https://kb.sambapos.com/en/2-4-14-a-how-to-add-customer-sequence-number-print/

I have a question does terminal number repeat or duplicate. customer Ticket numbers will increase like normal but suddenly prints a number that was printed already. Is there a way to prevent Server, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 to prevent printing a ticket number that was already printed?

Ticket number won’t duplicate, ensure correct terminology else will be confusing for everyone.

Your custom ticket tag is repeating. Let’s refer to it as ticket counter.

This is is shown on knolage base, why would I create a new tutorial showing the exact same thing thats already there?
Show your actions and rules… and someone will likly point out your mistake.

As I said before if you edit an action you need to remove from rule, save and readd it for update to apply

Thanks, for some reason was not getting it right but will work on it until I get it right.

Here are my actions:

Here are my Rules:

I’m suspecting that there is a delay as the terminal takes about 1minute to refresh on the terminal whilst all deliveries cash was already taken on this screen (from the server).

Does anyone know how I can define Terminal refresh intervals (Server polling or connecting) and SambaPOS.

You is local is wrong…
Has base calculation, is local should be true or false.
In your case false.

Also personally I would set tag with current number then update but shouldn’t matter.
Does kb tutorial say to do {:ORDERNNUMBER} in action like that?

Checked, and it doesn’t, you should use square brackets to make the field available within the rule.then the formula goes in the field of action within the rule.

Your obviously new to samba and mistakes happen. I would sugest you maybe watch a few of my beginner automation tutorials as talk through it to help you understand how the automation system works and how fields etc are used.

Start here;

Thanks for pointing that out I had it set to false as well. I watched your tutorial and it is very good. So I will now create a virtual environment to play around with this settings as the environment above is a live environment.

before that I was wondering where the box below the constraint comes from but your tutorials has showed me.

I’m guessing this part >

Value [=TN('{SETTING:ORDER NUMBER}')+1]

Type ‘Update’
Then rather than using increase your just updating using existing {SETTING:ORDERNUMBER} + 1
needs to click in my head.

So I get that it works on dependency workflow where actions and rules are related and when one is changed it needs to be updated. Will play with this some more on vmware as I am hoping to sign up as a reseller asap. I had no trouble setting up the daily reset which I found on the forum. It just the last step that is needed so that my client can work smoothly.

No, square brackets with = is a formular type
Square bracket with colon is a way to carry the field to the rule.
Generally you should use that method of you want to use a dynamic value with the expression in the rule rather than the action.
Static values are fine in action but you can obviously carry the field to rule and set any value in rule.

Just a note, when you label the carried field try and always use at least two words with a space. As it is posible to inadvertently trigger rule slecific square bracket values. Took ages to work that one out when discovered it.

Using carried fields is also good for dev and learning as you can just change expressions in rule, if you do in action as said before you have to remove and re add the action to updare it.

1 Like

Totally off topic you need to spruce up your website unless you prefer it that way and it is working for you. Much can be done there :slight_smile:

mine lol? I know, its on an old joomla install from like 10 years ago, has been on list for a long time.

Yes yours lol, I know it can be displayed way better and seeing from that services that you can offer which is customization and you are already writing (or creating) tutorials I don’t see why its not on your website. I do Wordpress webdesign as hobby. Your site has Wordpress.

I can see you are really good at what you do and I would like to learn from you if possible.

trying to charm your way into more help :stuck_out_tongue:

You will be better off to learn rather than just be told the answer as you will be able to do more in the future. Thats why alot of forum regulars don’t just give the correction straight up, we try help people to learn.
Once it clicks and you get the automation you can do soooo much more.

Tutorials are not on there as its not a service, just something I did for forum.
Had intended to create more and offer a service on it but samba changed its model from heavily DIY to more resellers meaning less end user demand for tutorials.
Forum used to be much more active with more complex and innovative ideas going round.

In short, you havnt followed the KB exactly.
I’d sugest removing actions and rules and trying again from scratch for the ticket counter.
If still have issues will sort you out.

Lol you got me . . . I am learning really I read the manual which sambasupport sent me going through forums and vids.

Covid bring a great opportunity as suddenly everyone wants websites and delivery services etc.I understand but I know there is a lack of Sambapos in our country as I have never heard of it before nor seen it anywhere except by my client. I’ve seen how the guys have customized their Sambapos and it really looks great.

Deal, should I use this post :slight_smile:
https://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php?topic=97.0

or this one:
https://kb.sambapos.com/en/2-4-14-a-how-to-add-customer-sequence-number-print/

Hmm, just looked at that topic on KB again, you know thats a ‘PRINT NUMBER’ not a daily order number? update is on print…
If you want daily order number you should use ticket created so it sets the ticket count on ticket created.
Also your other link is to v3 forum…

Thanks I see that, however the value field seems to be similar to what you have sent

On Sambapos website:

And here is what I have done:
1.)

2.)

3.) I then removed the actions Increase daily Counter and Reset Daily Counter then saved it. After I saved it I went back in and readded it.

4.) Here is a picture of the ticket template and kitchen order template:

I finally figured it out lol wahaha so the tutorial that I have followed is different/wrong it has curly brackets and not square brackets as I have tried it many ways.

So the square brackets give you an input field in a Rule so that you can input a formula or expression.

Now the only thing left is to test it in the live environment.

However all ticket counters are printing as 1 for any orders

You are using 2 different names:
WKdNKwtfdc

One has a space in between each word, the other doesn’t.

One other handy tool to use, is the Show Message action. You can place it anywhere in the list of actions withing a rule to see if a value is present, to see what value(s) are, how the value(s) are being changed, etc.

Thanks a million @Bob_be as usual. JTRTech was right and I should of picked up the curly brackets thing and I noted the space between ORDER NUMBER was odd but I did not know any better.

This what I currently have

Will test it on Wednesday and Thursday and let you guys know the outcome. Thanks for the dedication. If you still see any errors in actions or rules kindly let me know .

Thanking you in advance.

Think your still going to have issue,
Think that will skip numbers, you are updating setting +1 and then using the setting +1.
Personally I would reset to 1 at end/start of day
THen in ticket created use setting to tag and increase after, but thats just me.
Above still stands though, think you going to only have odd ticket count numbers.