This a decent printer?

I found this… sounds too good to be true lol. These things are cheap! Not sure what the bluetooth symbol in pic is about there is no bluetooth on these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermal-Receipt-Printer-Ethernet-SERIAL-80mm-POS-300mm-sec-Auto-Cutter-Dot-New-Y-/282215443186?hash=item41b559eaf2:g:wy8AAOSwh2xX~GeR

LOL This scares me a little.

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ! Buyers are responsible for import duties, custom fees and taxes, if any. Please check with your country’s custom office to determine the additional costs impose on the item prior to buying.

Haha they actually are true. I use them personally and for clients. Been working flawlessly so far.

1 Like

Whats all that import disclaimer crap?

What disclaimer? Where

Well import duty is out of seller control. It is depend on individual country to charge tax and duty fee.

Seller just want buyer to make sure that they factor those fee in before making purchase. Nothing to worry about. So no surprise when you receive item so that will not ruin seller feedback.

1 Like

If its direct from china they usually put a stupid low declaration price on stuff.
Something like this I usually find a reseller native and pay the little extra for preimported stuff, dont often buy direct from china (where advertised as direct from china) as hate waiting weeks for delivery unless its something small and not available repetitively cheaper from reseller.
Printers like this are usually 10-15% more for most listings in uk from a chinese reseller, and worth the extra for quicker delivery.

1 Like

So this is probably close to same thing minus the import stuff?

EDIT: Nevermind its same deal just the graphic was misleading.

Thats more like the one I sent you, have one similar to the other and prefer that one personally.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POS-Thermal-Receipt-Printer-80mm-Auto-Cutter-Serial-Port-USB-Ethernet-High-Speed-/131637531466?hash=item1ea635534a:g:bXYAAOSwBahU~qS-

Do you not get the item location filter on us ebay?;

Maybe I dont use ebay much.

LOL it seems I do. cool

Like Joe said, usually the import fee’s and or any additional fees don’t usually occur as they do often put a much smaller value on the customs/duty paper so buyer doesn’t pay any fees. But that is usually out of seller’s hands and that’s why they make the buyer responsible.

Don’t let it scare you, trust me, I’m in Australia, and I’ve had heaps of purchases over 1400 of product, and here in Australia anything over $1000 mark usually involves extra customs fees. I never paid a cent as the declared value is much much lower. Usually at least 50% of price, or they can usually put a declaring value based on what you want to give them.

I deal directly with manufacturers are prices are even cheaper than eBay and other online shops combined.

1 Like

Ive never bought one of the cheap printers so I am kind of in uncharted territory. Ebay was the easiest place to find them. Amazon didnt seem to have many.

EDIT: Nevermind I found quite a few on amazon.

What about these printers?

https://www.amazon.com/KKmoon-High-speed-Receipt-Supermarket-Restaurant/dp/B01LX7KAI5/ref=sr_1_1?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1480394886&sr=1-1&keywords=printer+KKmoon

I just checked them up and that’s actually a pretty good price for a thermal printer with 300mm print speed that has USB and LAN. As the description says it is oil, dust and water resistant which is very good. Most printers at that price range usually have a 260mm print speed. But that printer can be used in any environment which is what you want, and considering it’s a brand new unit, you got warranty cover too and I’m certain it will come with some generic printer tools which you will find you will love using :D.

I can’t even get that price in AUD!

1 Like

I have one of these on my shelf at the minute - I bought one as listing said IOS compatable out of curiosity.
It works :wink:
Still prefer the type from my first link, just seems heavier and more substantial but this was the one I was using when playing round with PHP based print driver for PMPOS even though it wasn’t needed lol

I dunno something scares me about the cheapo printers. Its probably just me and totally unfounded but I really am having second thoughts about hitting purchase button. I will think about it some more but I need to place an order soon.

Well that last one you posted is $93 and the T20II is $135 which is not a huge difference. Granted, the the Epson does not include Ethernet at that price.

I’m sure the cheap no-name Chinese printers probably work just fine, and it is highly likely that the parts inside any of these Printers are sourced from the same place anyway, including the Epson :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My piece of mind has to factor in that ordering online to where I live has no pathway for return whether it has a Warranty or not, so I buy what I can locally, and the T20II (USB) happened to be sitting on the shelf in a store, for something like $120-150 when I bought it. The only other ones available were impact printers which are way too slow and noisy, and they aren’t really much less expensive.

I am happy with my T20II, and honestly, the $380 I spent on the T88V (the first I ever bought, still running flawlessly 4 years later), in comparison is just not worth the extra cost over the T20II which I have had for 2 years now.

1 Like

Can you share a link to this tool?

@Jesse check out this printer. I have used it on at least 5 different retail POS setups, never had any issues. it also has a very useful built in loud speaker, so if you are using it in the kitchen, every time an order is received it will make a sound.

1 Like