This a decent printer?

I like that but I was disappointed the US Amazon site did not list any… instead it listed Christmas lights for that brand lol. I have decided I am going to spend the slightly extra amount of money on the Epson TM 20II. The dollar amount difference is really not much and it would get me a printer with a brand name I know I can trust in the future. I think I would spend only about $30 more.

1 Like

I’ll link it once I’m back in the office again. On the road right now.

1 Like

I went with these printers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9AU643/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I took a gamble I will let you know how it works. Full Ethernet and had Prime Shipping so I will have it Tuesday.

3 Likes

My printer arrived today. Now I can test it and write a review.

Boo so my girls broke my only cdrom all of my other computers/terminals have no dvd/cd drive so I cant install the drivers for this printer. Anyone have any links to places that I could find drivers that might work for one of these generic chinese printers?

EDIT: Got it working. Ended up swapping out a DVD drive I had in an older computer and promptly copied the drivers over to a jump drive for future proof lol. Printer works like a charm and is very fast.

You can still install these printers using generic driver. It works perfectly with it.

Usually during printer installation, it would give u manufacture list, in that list one is called Generic, then pick Generic/Text Only and that will install it fine :smiley:

Works for almost any thermal printer

But I think @Jesse might want to load logo on to printer memory.

That’s a fair enough call haha

Yeah I wanted more control. It works great. Now I am shopping for some decent paper that is not so rigid and curls up. My other printers were never thermal this is my first thermal. I don’t like the rigid paper that came with it.

What did you have then? dot matrix? :scream:

1 Like

With tractor feed.

1 Like

Lol impact printers that used ribbon.

Ok so after thorough testing of this printer I have decided its a very good buy! Other than the drivers issue I had its been great. Ive tested it with 58mm and 80mm both work great. I prefer the 80mm myself.

2 Likes

Just purchased one of these as well:

Now I am looking for inexpensive but decent 8" Windows Tablets. Also trying to decide what to use for Kitchen Display. The staff really wants a big touch screen…

1 Like

Get the odd large touch screen come up on eBay but not new for OK prices.
You could try getting creative with a couple of screens :wink:

I use a 10" Asus as KD in one of my venues, and here to tell you, this is not a good idea. It is need of constant cleaning from greasy messy fingers, and has the potential to cause errors because of this. I am going to get a physical Bump Bar and attach it to the computer for them to use, so the screen stays clean.

The 10" display is sufficient for our small quarters and proximity to the display, but a larger 20+ would definitely be better. Just beware that touch is not going to go over well in the long-run.

1 Like

Hmm good point. I may look into bump bars…

what you recon @Jesse … £150

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/42-Touchscreen-Monitor-NEC-V422-OITUV-NextWindow-1920-x-1080-/291991966168?hash=item43fc13d1d8:g:ZskAAOSwXrhXmOKH

its only 14 miles down the road from here lol, kinda tempted to take a punt, make one hell of a kitcehn/waitess display hehe.

1 Like

Wow nice price. NEC is a known brand too

We bought two of these (Epson TM-T20II ) for our restaurant, one for the kitchen and one for the front… But they seem to work great!.. haven’t tested the network capabilities as we’re just using a wired setup… you have to be careful with usb as it will lose power after about 15’. also not sure if they support the Beep function - can’t get that to work.