Three Counters, Transfer Stock, Set up Products?

Greeting All, I’m new to samba and reading through other threads samba has all the feature needed in a POS.

Kindly guide me on how to achieve the set up below.

I have three different counters each stocking the same products. I purchase stock (with till money from all counters) and distribute to each counter.
Eg. I purchase 10 cases of beer; 3 cases to the main bar, 3 cases to VIP counter 1 and 4 cases to VIP counter 2.
I’d like to be able to monitor inventory on each counter. At times VIP counter 1 runs out of beer and I have to move beers from either main bar or VIP counter 2. For now to make it less complicated, lets assume the beer prices are the same on each counter.

Q1. How do you move stock between counters?
Supplier>Local warehouse->mainbar_warehouse or VIP1_warehouse or VIP2_warehouse. Supplier to local I’ll make a purchase document and pay. What about eg VIP2_warehouse to VIP1_warehouse?

Version 5 introduced product based warehouse tracking.

Q2. Following the above tutorial, it seems I’ll have to setup 3 warehouses, 3 departments, 3 menus and 3 different products for each counter. Correct???
Eg.
Product=Heineken main, Custom tag Warehouse=mainbar_warehouse
Product=Heineken VIP1, Custom tag Warehouse= VIP1_warehouse
Product=Heineken VIP2, Custom tag Warehouse=VIP2_warehouse

This way, I’ll be able to track inventory for each counter. Is there a better method or practice?

Thanks.

Hello kikikakuku. In this tutorial warehouse assignment is product based. I mean Chinese food indigents always decreases from Chinese warehouse and Pakistani food indigents always decreases from Pakistani warehouse. If you have same products so you don’t need to configure separate products for each warehouse. Seems like your warehouse configuration is location / terminal based so configuring separate departments and assigning warehouses for each department will work fine.

There is a nice explanation of how warehouse types, warehouses and transactions works.

Basically you’ll create a new transaction and document type to transfer items from one warehouse to another. You can distribute items while creating purchase document or create a new transfer document to transfer items from a central warehouse.

1 Like

Thanks emre for the reply. The purchasing bit I understand.

How does one do internal transfers?

Following @QMcKay:-

1. I’ve created a Stock Transfer Transaction Type
    Default Warehouse=Blank; Target Warehouse=Blank.

2. Created a Stock Transfer Transaction Document type
    Inventoory Transction Type: Stock Transfer Transaction Type
    Entity Type=Blank ----->Have no clue what’s this for?
    Default Entity=Blank ----->Have no clue what’s this for?
    Account Transaction Type=Blank ---->Have no clue what’s this for?

New transaction doc below

Should the I change the unit price to 0 since it’s an internal transfer?

My expectations were there would be no internal payment between the local warehouses ie stock transfer.
E.g. The waiter took 2 crates of Tusker Lager from frontbarwarehouse( which supplies the front bar) to Vip2warehouse (which supplies lounge2) as above.

If you read the linked topic, you should know what these are for. Entities (Suppliers) can be linked to Warehouses and to Accounts. They are not completely necessary, and they are mostly to do with Accounting. When you buy something from a Supplier Entity, stock is transferred from the Supplier Warehouse to your (Local) Warehouse. At the same time, an Account Transaction is created to show money transfer from you to them.

That is up to you. When I do internal transfers, I use 0 for price. But you can choose not to, if that is your preference.

2 Likes

Document types adds transaction document button to warehouse screen on navigation. If you use that screen some document related options will make more sense.

1 Like

Hi guys am having the same scenario of about three counters but am trying to block sales if no stock in the counters but i have managed only one counter i.e Counter A where by i have created the the product to be the same in product list,Inventory Item and Recipe but when it comes to Counter B must the product be different from that of counter A and Counter C

Counter A working ok but Counter b Not working

my question is could it because of Product Naming starting from Product list ,inventory item and recipes
how do we name same products in three counters so that you are able to block sales if the product is out of stock

It’s the same product do create it once. Don’t separate counters with product groups instead use inventory warehouses and recipes for that.

We need to know more of your setup to offer good advice can you explain your entire flow and how or why you want it to work

1 Like

If you are tracking stock at each “Counter” separately (ie. each has it’s own different Warehouse), then you need 3 Products, 3 Inventory Items, and 3 Recipes.

If each “Counter” is pulling/consuming from the same Warehouse, then you can have 1 Product/Item/Recipe.

1 Like

Thanks for your response we have three counters which we want to manage stock I.e Bar store where we receive product from the suppliers then issued to Counter A,B and VIP ,we wanted to control stock on each counter so that when we run out of stock we get the warning a certain product is out of stock REMEMBER the product are the same in all counters how do we do it without adding three item in all the recipe,item inventory and product list so that this code can fire back [=TN(’{REPORT INVENTORY:{NAME}:Warehouse1}’) + TN(’{REPORT INVENTORY:{NAME}:Warehouse2}’)] > [=TN(’{QUANTITY}’)]

1 Like

Thanks for your response we have three counters which we want to manage stock I.e Bar store where we receive product from the suppliers then issued to Counter A,B and VIP ,we wanted to control stock on each counter so that when we run out of stock we get the warning a certain product is out of stock REMEMBER the product are the same in all counters how do we do it without adding three item in all the recipe,item inventory and product list so that this code can fire back [=TN(’{REPORT INVENTORY:{NAME}:Warehouse1}’) + TN(’{REPORT INVENTORY:{NAME}:Warehouse2}’)] > [=TN(’{QUANTITY}’)]

1 Like

Did you manage on this TECH2030