Product Based Warehouse Tracking

In this tutorial I’ll show product based warehouse mapping.

In this use case I have two Kitchens. Chinese Kitchen and Pakistani Kitchen. Both Kitchen have similar inventory Items like meat, oil, etc… I also have Chinese Food and Pakistani Food products. When I sell Chinese Food it should consume items from Chinese Kitchen’s Warehouse and when I sell Pakistani food it should consume meat from Pakistani Kitchen’s Warehouse.

Before implementing solution I’ll show details about how I’ve configured inventory items, products, warehouses and recipes.

I’ve created two products.

I have two warehouses for each kitchen.

For simplicity I have single “Meat” Inventory item.

I’ll edit Purchase Transaction Type and clear Default Warehouse setting to be able to choose warehouse while purchasing items.

I bought 2 KG Meat for each Kitchen.

Chinese food consumes 100 GR Meat.

Pakistani food consumes 150 GR meat.

We’ll create a Custom Product tag to be able to map Warehouses to Products. From Settings > Program Settings screen I’ll configure Warehouse setting for products.

I’ll edit Chinese Food product and type Chinese Kitchen value for Warehouse settings.

I can also use Product Tag Editor to batch edit Warehouses. I’ll update Pakistani Food warehouse as Pakistani Kitchen through this screen.

Click Save button to update your changes. All items that don’t have a warehouse assignment will decrease from Local Warehouse.

Now I’ll create an action that updates Order’s Warehouse.

When a new order added to Ticket I’ll execute this action to update Warehouse. I’ll use {ITEM TAG:Warehouse} tag to read warehouse assigned to product.

That’s all configuration needed. I’ve configured it flexible so we only need to assign Warehouse for new created products.

Now I’ll create a ticket and sell 1 from both products.

100 GR meat consumed from Chinese Kitchen.

… and 150 GR meat consumed from Pakistani Kitchen.

5 Likes

Hi.
I can implement this in V5 but in V4 there is no option to define Warehouse Name in UPDATE ORDER action type.

Probably cant be done in V4 then, V4 will no longer be updated so these changes are probably new additons to V5

That would be why this is a version 5 tutorial. Your right it’s not and will not be possible in v4

Edit: I apologize I see why you asked that now. Emre said it should work. You might need to try a few things. But if that action is crucial then likely it won’t work.

Hmm. I thought Warehouse update exists for V4. Seems it doesn’t supports order based warehouse assignment at all.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hi all. Thanks for such a nice support.
One more question. Suppose an order contains some pakistani dishes and some chinese dishes. And we want to get three print outs. One for pakistani kitchen mentioning only pakistani dishes from the order, the other print out containing chinese dishes and the third print out contain all dishes for the server (waiter) to help him get the food from respective kitchens and serve the order.

You can create unlimited printers, and printer templates, and print jobs and you can use rules and actions to execute these prints. So create the templates and the print jobs you want and then choose the rule and action to execute them with.

Its really good for you to study the Rule System and look closely how it interacts. Each rule can execute actions you put in it based on specific events you specify. You can create multiple rules of same event for various actions if need be. You can also use same rule with same event for multiple different actions. Study it and understand its interaction and then you will find the possibilities are endless with how to configure SambaPOS.

You can use custom constraints to check specific conditions to decide if the actions should execute or not. You can use Action Constraints to check specific conditions to decide if that specific action within the rule event should execute or not. Action constraints are useful if you have multiple actions but only want to constraint specific actions and not all of them.

1 Like

Hmmm Ok. Thanks a lot @kendash.
I will try to learn these rules, events etc.
I just wanted to make sure if it is possible or not. As I am thinking to buy V5 module for all our three restaurent branches.
Thanks again.

Yes its possible. To be honest there is very little that is NOT possible with version 5 lol. Even us experts have barely reached probably 20% of the capability of version 5. Version 5 has opened up an enormous amount of potential for configurations.

Me and QMcKay contribute a huge amount of time to helping advance it and even we are in awe of what is possible. Sometimes I find it difficult just to pick what I want to try there is so much endless possibility with version 5.

1 Like

Look here for good understanding of printing. V5 has several differences and enhancements but this should give you a good basic understanding to start with.

Hey… I’ve just implemented this but its still not working, it keeps pulling stocks from my Kitchen Warehouse even for Bar items. Cause my Department settings be causing this cause I can not leave the warehouse ID empty in a Department

Could it be because I have multiple Menus aswel?

Hello @Sp3nc3r,

You can have a look at below document to see the process step by step;

Hey @Nizam, yes did that but was not reducing stock from assigned warehouse, instead it kept reduce stock from the warehouse set under departments cause I have multiple Menus. I have decided to use 2 Warehouses but love to know if their maybe a way to Assign a Menu to a particular Warehouse without the involvement of Departments

Did anyone find a solution for this??

I had to assign a menu to a terminal and lock them from switching menus from the POS screen. Each terminal was assigned a specific warehouse