Ticket Tag Allowing Ticket Close Option

I know we both use this as an example alot… but man its a good one… Time Clock… it was mentioned a million times… nobody showed interest… I mentioned it multiple times… nothing… Then I thought I am just going to try building it and throwing ideas out there when I run into issues. That got Q interested because I started to talk about stuff he was interested in specifically SQL Scripting etc. Then Emre got interested because he saw potential outside just Time Clock…

Well I think you probably know rest of story…

Emre could have just programmed a Time clock…

I think we should consider tasks for these situations… I think we should really start pounding tasks for some of these advanced flows. By tasks I do not mean Configuration Tasks…

PS: I should let you know that normally I would be really deep in configuration but I have had to mostly play idea maker or conversation instigator lately because I have been too busy to mess with SambaPOS outside my businesses. I would have to stop reading the forum and right now I would rather contribute through the forum and once I slow down I will start messing with configurations again.

I get that bit, but at what point does increasing samba abilities cross into emre adding a feature to samba.
I understand the power of the software comes from customization. 95% of samba users if not more would not just mess up your/q’s time clock. Income configuration tasks and Im sure developments are coming on that front but then it gets to the point of who makes them. I would happily make up config tasks for all sorts of things but need to justify the time.
Examples like time clock is great but as a promoting the software its this is what you can do if you know how.
This is going to sound all wrong.
Emre makes samba great, but as we all know however much we admit it it needs something like marketable config tasks to expand its take up into a wider less tech savey market.
Ive lost my train of thought now… have hit the wall…can you tell… its late as I said and probably time for bed :weary:

I just wanted to be clear that I was not talking about Configuration Tasks :stuck_out_tongue: I mean Tasks…like what we recently used for a more advanced Kitchen Screen… Tasks can be used for so much more.

2 Likes

I know, and I do need to look into tasks I know…

My head is spinning thinking of to many different things so late.
Will get some sleep.

Lets call this case closed as think have solved with different flow now

1 Like

You are right though Configuration Tasks can be a huge untapped source…They are not as difficult as you think… there is a scary aura around them though… I Knew NOTHING about them and VERY little scripting capability but by studying a couple ones that Emre made and then through trial and error I was able to make some complex ones and gained the knowledge to hash out even more complex ones in the future…

It really took me a few days to do that…

Have had a play and prety much advanced database tolls export…
Man this topic has run through some topics LOL

I really think it needs a developers market for configuration tasks…
I know software is good and cheap and I have made plenty this year thanks to it however my forum time is my contribution as I see it.
I would enjoy creating standalone config tasks for range of setups but to make them really work and to get a good selection of quality tasks there needs to be return to the creator as so many things like CMS modules and even phone apps.

How did you solved it?

Removed the definition of the tag from ticket tags (was using a mapped button as a way to manually override the auto tag update based on counting orders with mains state).
Changed it to an update tag action with a ?Prompt numberpad.
Now because it’s not defined I believe it should not allow ticket close as before.
Added a tidy extra that manually setting then prevents the auto calculation by way of a state constraint and also added an extra ask question which should check on close if new mains have been added to confirm if old value correct, auto update to mains count or manual override.
Haven’t fully tested but believe it should work
Working on the basis that 95% of the time the number of mains will equate to fairly accurate cover count for the staff which get lazy to update to be 100% correct.