Ticket title for retail help

Hi All,

Im currently using sambapos since v2 for my restaurant and upgrading it until v5. Soon i will launch my mini mart for local town and i am planning to use sambapos for retail. I already follow the tweak by rick but i still dont knoe how to do this the ticket title exactly like this. Any help?

Shell title is one of the free modules with more ticket actions etc, it allows setting ticket and application title from action but module needs to be installed for actions to be available.

1 Like

I already follow this tutorial Rick's Tutorial 13 - Ticket Title - Display Ticket Total and Number of Items but the title only came out when i start scanning the barcode. I already install the shell. Anything that i miss out?

In tutorial, it was set to show message when ticket total change.
When you open ticket ticket total unchanged => no title displayed.
When you scan item, total changed => title displayed
Nothing wrong with tutorial and you did follow the tutorial correctly.

Now, You want to display title when ticket open. You have to add show title action (whatever you name it) to ticket opened rule.

Yes that exactly what i want but i have no idea how to do it… I tried few rule and action but still not get it… If anybody can help with this tutorial?

Post your rule that you want to display the message.

1. Open POS Screen

item added to ticket (changes ticket total) and activates ticket header rule

rule & action

ignore the two ticket state constraints in the rule theyre specific to my setup.

Action setting
<L><bold><block 0,0,0,0 #FF7F7F7F center 600><size 35><color black>Open Bar Tabs: [=TN('{REPORT TICKET COUNT:(TS.Status=Bar Tab)}')] Held Tickets: [=TN('{REPORT TICKET COUNT:(TS.Status=Hold)}')]</color></size></block><br/><block 0,0,0,0 #FF7F7F7F center 600><size 70><color black>Total: £[=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{PAYMENT TOTAL}'),'0.00')]</color></size></block> <br/> <block 0,0,0,0 #FF7F7F7F center 600><size 35><color black>Number of Items: [=TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM}')]</color></size></block></bold>

2. Reset Ticket Header when ticket is closed

Action Setting
<L><bold><block 0,0,0,0 #FF7F7F7F center 600><size 35><color black>Open Bar Tabs: [=TN('{REPORT TICKET COUNT:(TS.Status=Bar Tab)}')] Held Tickets: [=TN('{REPORT TICKET COUNT:(TS.Status=Hold)}')]</color></size></block><br/><block 0,0,0,0 #FF7F7F7F center 600><size 50><color black>Scan/Select Item to Start</color></size></block> <br/> <block 0,0,0,0 #FF7F7F7F center 600><size 35><color black> </color></size></block></bold>

1 Like

Thanks Rick for the tutorial. You save my day. It really help me

@RickH after i restart my sambapos it became like this i try to change the font but it just a same. Any solution?

Show your rule and action settings youve not set it correctly

This the action and rules i dont know where is the problem

the rules

Its because you havent set the background colour in the action

You also havent set the height

Ill post my action settings in a sec just booting laptop up

Wow nice thanks @RickH for the help the title now smooth and clean

1 Like