Trouble with Gift Cards - Gift Certificates

Looking at that tutorial these two sreenshots relate to that state.

I just doubled checked those and mine are identical to the screenshots.

I am trying to follow the first link and how its supposed to work…its states to make the sale of the GC do this:

• Customer comes in to purchase a Gift Certificate (GC).
  • Enter the value of the GC that the customer wants to purchase into the NUMBERPAD ($10, $20, etc).
  • Select GC Product (open price).
  • Settle the ticket - customer pays for the GC using Cash, Credit Card, or another Payment Type.
  • Gift Certificate Entity & Account is created using a name composed of current Date, Time, and Value of the GC being purchased (i.e. GC2014061315325614520 would be the Entity Name & Account Name of a GC purchased on 2014-06-13 at 15:32:56.145 for a value of $ 20 ).
  • Gift Certificate Prints containing Value ($ 20 )and Control Code ( GC2014061315325614520 ).

BUT it doesnt work for me. Is it because in order for me to purchase anything I have to open a table first?
When I do that. It sends the GC to the kitchen on the printer and its not using my ticket printer and printing what is described in the tutorial at all.

Its also not writing any info into a text file in a directory that I set, according to the tut.

Ideas?

Selecting a table wouldnt have anything to do with it. Something else in your config is conflicting with it.

I am looking it all over again and reading the first link I posted. I want this to work, its probably something simple.
Even after it works, I am not sure they will want this particular solution. They use plastic cards. This seems geared toward ticket printout only.

show your action for printing the gcard and show the rule its in.

Not sure if this is what you want, because there is no printing of a card in this tutorial but here goes this.
ACTION

RULE

I assume Sta Equals Printed is a mistake because Sta doesnt do anything

Yes I caught that too moments ago, fixed it, no change.

What did you fix it too? Also I cant see the first part of the rule that prints it.

Its supposed to be State

I carefully did that screenshot, its 2 nothing is missed. Its six actions

From the KB TUTORIAL

‘’’
Rule Name: GC-Purchased and Printed

Event Name: Order State Updated

Execute Rule If: Matches All

Add Custom Constraint:

State Name|Equals|Certificate

State|Equals|Printed

Select Actions:

Action-1: GC-Create Entity

Certificate Number: [=Helper.GetUniqueString()][=Order.Price]

Action-2: GC-Purchase

Account Name: [=Data.Get("AccountName")]

CertNum: [=Data.Get("AccountName")]

Amount: [=Order.Price]

Action-3: GC-Print

DocumentId: [=Data.Get("DocumentId")]

Action-4: GC-Balance Update Entity Data

Bal: [=Order.Price]

Action-5: GC-Update Entity State GCStatus

New GCStatus: Purchased

Action-6: GC-Add Line to Text File

Sometext: {DATE} {TIME}, [=Data.Get("AccountName")] ([=Order.Price]), Purchased, Balance [=Order.Price]

After completing necessary editings, click on Save button.
‘’’

I would do one of those gif videos but sharex is exe and I am on a MAC

Ok show your Order Added to Ticket rule that updates the states.

No I mean your Order Added to Ticket rule.

Should look like this:

Did you not make this rule?