Update Application Subtitle Formatting Help

Hi,

I have implemented an application subtitle just above the ticket. I got/stole :sweat_smile: the idea from @RickH’s setup whilst I was browsing the sambapos screenshots section.

A few questions I had and can’t seem to find the answer for:

1. In the actions of Update Application Subtitle, how do you change the background colour? I have just been typing in random colours such as Red, Orange or Green, but cant change the shades. Is there anywhere we could type in a specific colour code?

2. Is there anywhere to change the colour of the actual font of the application subtitle? For example, back text on a blue background is hard to read - preferably would want to change the font to white.

3. Anyone know how to center the text on the application subtitle?

Current Setup: (Hard to read and not centered)

Action:

Rule:
<L><font Calibri><block 0,0,0,0><size 80>Total: £[=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{PAYMENT TOTAL}'),'0.00')]</size></block> <br/> <block 0,0,0,0 center 700><size 35>No of Items: [=TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM}')]</size></block></font>

Many thanks.

Might be wrong but think you can use hex or whichever code has # at start.
If not you would be surprised at the number of word colours available, there is a list somewhere on the forum.

You can cue usual formatting tags <color>xxxx</color> i believe

Id hazard a guess the the <L> is left :stuck_out_tongue: try <C>

Hi,

1. I tried using the Hex code in the Action, but it didn’t work (tried with and without the #). Will do a quick search for that list.

2. Think i’ve hit my computing skills limit, I tried to make the font white with:

<font Calibri><block 0,0,0,0><size 80> <color> #FFFFFF </color>Total: £[=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{PAYMENT TOTAL}'),'0.00')]</size></block> <br/> <block 0,0,0,0 center 700><size 35>No of Items: [=TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM}')]</size></block></font>

But this just resulted in:

Tried moving the to the end, but it was the same result except there was no white at all.
I’m guessing i’m doing it completely wrong.

1. Tried <C>, if anything it moved it to the left more :joy:

it would be <color white> YOUR TEXT </color> (like in HTML)

Try putting <C> after the <br/>
Also could try <center> YOUR TEXT </center>

I also meant using hex# code in background field in the update action…

Right,

Brilliant, thanks - got the colour working (almost). It appears the font reverts back to Times New Roman instead of Calibri (picture attached) and some illegible writing which I can only assume says </Font>. Note: I tried swapping the positions of <font Calibri> and <color White> - that resulted in Calibri text coming again, but in black.

Rule:
<font Calibri><color White><block 0,0,0,0><size 80> Total: £[=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')-TN('{PAYMENT TOTAL}'),'0.00')]</size></block> <br/><block 0,0,0,0 center 700><size 35>No of Items: [=TN('{TICKET QUANTITY SUM}')]</size></block></color></font>

Also, sorry to be a pain, but the Center didn’t work, nothing came up at all.

Thanks JTR for all your help, going to read about HTML for a bit!

EDIT: Hex# in the action field did work the second time round. Thanks

You might need to put the colour tag inside the font tag… I’ve never used non default fonts so not sure.

When I said HTML it was a comparison rather than saying it used HTML, I’m not sure the exact code type or if it’s emre that sets it.

The reason the font has changed is because you have removed the < L > tag from the beginning put that back in and it will work fine

You need to play about with the block tag i think to get it centered, when im back on my laptop ill get mine up and share it, i think i already have somewhere but cant remember

1 Like

(Comment: Ah the “Master” of Application Subtitle is in da house!)

2 Likes

This is the reason you need to have the < L > tag, its to do with allowing printer tags to work in the header (im still trying to find a post with my settings)

Heres the tutorial i did and this has the settings i used for my header including it centering the text across two lines

Tou couldnt see it before as it was a V5 beta topic, ive just changed it to V5 Tutorial for all to see :smile:

Hope this helps

4 Likes