Upgrade v4 to v5 issues

Hi guys, couple of things that I am struggling with.

1. If I open a table/ticket I cannot close it unless I actually add something to it. The Close button is greyed out. I also at this point cannot access the main menu, so entirely stuck and have to restart the application to use it again. I assume its got something to do with the ticket closing rule, but don’t know where to start…

2. The ticket states are not always working. I have it setup so that a table change colour if occupied. some of them don’t change colour.

Any ideas?

I remember I had a similar issue when upgrading from V4 to V5. I can’t honestly remember exactly what I did now as it was a while ago, however you can try:

1. Go to Manage > Settings > Program Settings > Maintenance, click “Update old rules”.

2. If point 1 doesn’t work, what I did for debugging was to set up (ideally on another system) the sample database then compare your ticket closing rules against the sample database.

3. As an alternative, you can also try comparing rules between V4 and V5. If you still have V4 installed on the same system you can open them both at the same time and compare.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Can you provide a screenshot of a ticket just opened while logged in as administrator?

Can you show a screenshot of your Settings > States page and then show a screenshot of the Ticket State Updated rule.

Close button not accessible also the main menu

Show mapping for the close ticket automation command.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, thanks for your help, Im on service…

The close only becomes active once you add something to the ticket…

Look at your enabled states. It’s visible on all states but it’s enabled for specific states. Is Paid one of the states?

appears not: copied and pasted: “New,New Orders,Unpaid,Locked,IsClosed”

I cant think of a reason why you’d need to specify enabled states. Should it not also be * ?

The only time you wouldnt want to close a ticket is if you had already settled it? Right?

Leave Enabled States empty to enable it for all cases. You probably don’t have a case that needs Close button to be disabled. On latest V4 and V5 versions it is empty by default. Your configuration probably coming from early V4 versions.

@markjw

Hi Mark,

1. Returned 0 rules to update…

2. Rules are the same, unless I missed something

3. might have to reinstall v4 and check… thing is I changed the db and probably will give me an compatibility error. been there with a few previous versions.

OK suspicion was correct, that worked. Now my states are not updating… Thanks @emre

do I need to add something in v5 to the display format? for the state to change colour?

No if it’s not changing you should look at the rules find out what is not working.

I will get you a list of rules that has to do with states so you can show us some screenshots… one moment.

Did you executed Update old rules command as @markjw suggested?

yes 0 Rules updates, in saying that it was the second time I had installed the app. The first time my windows box crashed whilst updating the rules and at that point there was 14 rules updated.

1 Like

Can you show us screenshots of these rules… one moment.

New Order Adding Rule
Ticket Closing Rule
Update New Order Entity Color
Ticket Payment Check
Update Available Entity Color

1 Like

@Jesse it is probably Ticket Payment Check as it shows unpaid ticket as paid on screen shot.

I am thinking that too but there may be more. Thought I would try and cover all bases. Sounds like he has upgraded from much older versions in past.