User showing up as * in kitchen print sometimes

At my test location, I have complaint that sometimes the user name is not showing in the kitchen printout. Instead it just shows a *. It also shows that * in the end of day reports so for some reason samba is not picking up the logged in user correctly. Im not sure exactly but I think its happening when they split tickets. Is anyone aware of this case?

I have had this before, it was a config error on my part which triggered autologout but stayed logged in due to some action.

You will see when it happens as the username in the bottom right will be *.

Check through your flow and find where it’s happening.
Check for any logout action or just close ticket if you have auto logout set.

My scenario was solved if I remember right by not using auto logout but making my own logout command and triggering it where needed with an execute automation command but as a BACKGROUND command so that it waited for other rules/actions to end before logging out.

2 Likes

@emre

Hey I just got a call from test restaurant that a tablet is showing logged in user is * and the bottom right logout button is disappeared. All orders being sent from that tablet were showing user * in kitchen and was causing big issues. It can’t be the auto logout that is the issue since my tablets don’t have auto logout. Also I don’t have any rules or actions that use the logout user command.

I had to Remote Desktop in computer launch task manager to exit samba and everything worked fine when it booted up again.

But that clearly what happens when there is no logged in user.

The only way to logout a user clicking on logout button or executing logout action. SambaPOS won’t do it by itself due to a bug.

Hmm I’m a little confused to be honest then. What could possibly keep tablet from logging out. Why did logout button disappear?

This really confuses me because waitresses don’t even log out of tablets? Since they each have their own. My setup at this place is actually very simple all that I implemented that was my custom work is seat positions which was done after problem existed, ticket tags for dine in or drive thru, and discount buttons. I don’t see what I could have possibly done.

What should my next steps be to find my issue?

Did you enabled logout user action? are you using it in a rule?

I just logged into their system and went to actions. I dont see any action log out user.

So how you’ve configured auto logout?

I checked auto log out for waitress station under terminals in settings. By the way I confirmed that terminal “tablet 4” or any other station does not have auto logout setting checked.

So it is almost default config and users logging out by itself? It is hard to guess. There must be a reason.

That looks like an issue about displaying or creating a ticket by automation when there is no logged in user. If you have such automation try to check logged in user name before executing such actions.

I have entity buttons representing tables. I honestly have a very basic setup exactly for the reason in minimizing configuration errors. Could I send you my database because I honestly have no clue where to even begin looking since I didnt setup anything extra at this location.

My flow is pretty basic. There are entity buttons representing tables. That is the only thing displaying tickets. Maybe I set something wrong in the settings for the entity button?

Thanks

Sigh… OK send it. Should I create random tickets to reproduce that? Doesn’t your users give an idea about the reason of that issue? For example something like… “logout button disappears while doing it or that…”

Unfortunately no, I think a while back when they complained about this issue they mentioned something about when ticket is split or something but not sure if they even knew what they were talking about. They are pretty slow people to be honest, they dont know much about what theyre doing they just work like robots to take order lol.

Im sorry I know you have other important things to do, this is just really bothering me since they call and keep complaining that its causing issues in kitchen. I will pm database tonight.
Thanks again emre! Greatly appreciate your help.

You can PM me a copy I can look.

@Hasa I restored your backup… there is only a single user listed and its Administrator ??

No there should be multiple users? 6082 is admin pin to log in

Ok nevermind I see what happened… it appears the backup you sent is having some issues… let me figure it out.

1 Like

Ok I got it… looking now.

You do have Auto Logout enabled on Station 3

Yes. I want only waitress station to auto log out. Today I got call saying tablet 4 has disappeared bottom right log out button and all table orders submitted with that tablet were showing * as user