Using Regenerate Ticket after changing Ticket Type

I noticed that the 5.2.12 Release highlights includes the following:

• Regenerate Ticket command added to Execute Ticket Command Action to fully update display.

Does anyone have any info on what this action does and how/when it should be used?

I am starting to work with pre-order tickets and I would like to create a rule that converts the pre-order ticket in to a sales ticket and refreshes the screen in order to correctly show a bunch of corresponding command buttons for this new ticket type, most notably (but nto exclusively) a ā€œsettleā€ button which I do not have activated of the pre-order ticket.

At the moment the whole process works, but once completed I need to close the ticket and then re-open it, which I guess I could do through a series of actions, but I was wondering if itā€™s possible to do this automatically using this ā€˜regenerateā€™ function??? Maybe thatā€™s not at all the purpose of the action and Iā€™m barking up the wrong tree?

Iā€™ve had the exact same problem as you - wanting to change ticket type part way through a ticket and having different mappings for what buttons appear for each ticket type, but been unable to refresh the display when changing ticket type.

Have you not just tried it?

I just tried it, adding the action to an existing setup I have for changing ticket type.

It appears to change entity types based on the ticket type, but does not change automation command buttons. You can see the ā€œSelect Delivererā€ appearing and disappearing, Deliverer entity type is only set on Delivery ticket type.

In this case, my Delivery ticket type would have additional buttons that donā€™t show when changing the ticket type this way:

That was implemented when we were developing the new combo builder.

This is what it does. To do what you want you would use save ticket action.

I tried it but because I donā€™t use different entity type I was unable to persceive any difference based on firing this particular action so I wasnā€™t sure if I was using the right thing, or if I was using it correctly.

Just save, or do I then need close it and re-open it using the ticket ID?

This is what I am currently doing, but I wonder if itā€™s too many steps

[BTN: ConvertTicket]
[RULE: Change ticket type, Close Ticket, Execute Automation Command - Value=TICKET ID]
[RULE: Display Ticket using value passed in as CommandValue]

Only issue with save ticket is it will save and submit the orders to then print to kitchen which would cause problems. Only way around that would involve changing a lot of default rules.

1 Like

No I donā€™t think so. It needs to close ticket first. I havenā€™t tested that though.

1 Like