VIP & Happy Hour (or timed special) Discounts without Triggers

Hi… i followed this tutorial exactly
The HH is working great, but the VIP function is not working.
Im using Samba 4.1.82

Did I miss something?

Thanks

Something it working as it’s says VIP is inactive so you’ll need to show us all the rules and actions so we can see what’s wrong

Also you really need to upgrade to V5 as V4 is no longer supported and you won’t get any bug fixes

Here is my actions and rules

Actions

Rules

Constraint: ‘[=FD(’{ORDER DATE}’,‘ddd’)]’ !=’{SETTING:HHstartDay}’ || [=TN(FD(’{ORDER TIME}’,‘HHmm’))]<[=TN(’{SETTING:HHstartTime}’)] || [=TN(FD(’{ORDER TIME}’,‘HHmm’))]>[=TN(’{SETTING:HHendTime}’)] || {ORDER TAG:HH Discount}<1

Constraint: ‘[=FD(’{ORDER DATE}’,‘ddd’)]’==’{SETTING:HHstartDay}’ && [=TN(FD(’{ORDER TIME}’,‘HHmm’))]>[=TN(’{SETTING:HHstartTime}’)] && [=TN(FD(’{ORDER TIME}’,‘HHmm’))]<[=TN(’{SETTING:HHendTime}’)]

sorry for messy pic… pls advice

Thanks

Sorry but v4 is no longer supported you should upgrade to v5. We can’t be sure this will work with v4. This tutorial is for v5

1 Like

The funny thing is when im start from sctrach and import file from above, The VIP thing is work great but HH is not working

My opinion is, the tutorial can be use on v4 cuz when im search tutorial for HH & VIP for v4 the link is direct to here…

Btw thanks for your concern Mr Jesse

Ok then I guess we have no issues then? If it works with v4 you should be good to go I think.

It will be hard to find help on v4 as we have all moved on to v5 years ago and do not have it currently handy to compare. If you follow tutorial and your sure it will work on v4 then it should work. My advice is double check everything. Check spelling and case sensitivity.

Is there a way to format the constraint to select a specific day
for example
I want to offer a special price on Mothers Day, can I set it the constraint to be on 5/8/2022?

Yes, you can do something like this

{DATE:yyyyMMdd} EQUALS 20220805

1 Like

I tried this, but it does not seem to work.

It sure does, I use it all the time. Can you show what you have tried?

1 Like

I made a mistake in the date format. It is working correctly. Thank you very much for this.