VIP & Happy Hour (or timed special) Discounts without Triggers

@QMcKay How to add rate column here… I dont have this column. Can you show all the steps for having discount on VIP by percentage for example 5% discount instead of price discount

Read Tutorial again.

VIP discount already by percentage?

Rate column is v5 only

1 Like

Ah, Q update to V5. :slight_smile:

Maybe try somting like this

1 Like

Yes his older tutorial handled rates differently

Hey folks, been working on a system for a client with a Bar. I have done my research, followed steps and imported the zip file into V5.1.60. Made the manual changes, but HH won’t enable. Set the start time 10, 20, 30 min in advance to see if it turns on automatically, but nothing happens. Removed day constraints, but still won’t turn on. Even reboot the computer. Only one HH rule, so no conflicts. But also notice the rule is grayed out, others are in black text. I’m guessing the rule should be instantaneous after log out?

Is this a clue that it’s not configured properly? Wouldn’t ask without researching first.

Thx

also, is there a way to put a title bar or status button on the POS screen to show Happy Hour is active?

Thanks in advance

When a rule is grayed out that means you didn’t mapped it. Edit the rule and configure mapping through mapping section.

2 Likes

AWESOME! Thanks, that fixed it. Not sure why that wasn’t mapped.

Another question:

On the receipt, for Happy Hour, the discounts are correct, but they are only showing a discount of 1 on multiple products.

Example:

Ticket No:33

• 1 Bottle - Budweiser $4.00
  • Happy Hour Discount -1.00
  • 2 Bud Light $8.00
  • Happy Hour Discount -1.00 <— (Should be $2.00 off)
    ==========================================
    Total: $9.00
    Cash $9.00
    ==========================================
    T H A N K Y O U

I found this snip of code for HH discounts but not sure how to implement it in the Printer Template.

[Total FREE:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
[Discounts:|[=F(TN(’{ORDER TAG TOTAL:Discount}’)+TN(’{ORDER TAG TOTAL:VIP Discount}’)+TN(’{ORDER TAG TOTAL:HH Discount}’))]]
[TOTAL SAVINGS:|[=F(-1*(TN(’{ORDER TAG TOTAL:Discount}’)+TN(’{ORDER TAG TOTAL:VIP Discount}’)+TN(’{ORDER TAG TOTAL:HH Discount}’))+TN(’{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}’))]]

You can use something like this expression in the [ORDER TAGS] section which accounts for the Quantity:

[=F((TN('{QUANTITY}')*TN('{ORDER TAG TOTAL PRICE}')),'0.00')]

That ^ produces the number in the right-most column:

------------------------------------------------
 1 Barena                     $   3.00  $   3.00
      VIP Discount 1          $  -1.00  $  -1.00
 2 Imperial                   $   3.00  $   6.00
      VIP Discount 1          $  -1.00  $  -2.00
================================================

More detailed:

[ORDERS]
<J00>{QUANTITY} {NAME}| ${PRICE}| ${TOTAL PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS:VIP Discount]
<J00>[=(TN('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}') > 1 ? '{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}x' : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}|[=TN('{ORDER TAG PRICE}')!=0 ? '$' : ''] [=TN('{ORDER TAG PRICE}')!=0 ? F('{ORDER TAG PRICE}') : '-']|[=TN('{ORDER TAG PRICE}')!=0 ? '$' : ''] [=TN('{ORDER TAG PRICE}')!=0 ? F((TN('{QUANTITY}')*TN('{ORDER TAG TOTAL PRICE}')),'0.00') : '-']
1 Like

How do I add 4 “HH Store HH Day and Time” values? Does it have somethign to do with the Mapping? I don’t understand this part

Hi Guys, not sure if I am doing this correctly but this thread has been extremely helpful but I have one question

II use portion pricing for several bar items (Shot, Mix, quart, Bottle) but as i only have one HH Tag how can I have different HH prices for the various portions.

Do i need to add each portion as a separate product or can this HH pricing work for portions

If your using a alternate price list happy hour method price lists have price per portion not product.

Thanks for the speedy response but how do I do alternate price lists. I used the method for the VIP1,2,3 & HH which sets the prices through the Tags but how do i then use the price definitions and price list editor to define the happy hours prices for various portions?

It’s a different method, Q’s vip method is more complex and not used, my happy hour setups have always been more simple using price definitions and seccond price list.

Take a look at this Topic …

1 Like

hello everyone, i imported the full zip file, the VIP part works perfect but the HH is not. i already set the time as show the tutorial but nothing happens any help?