Waiters sales report

Ok well your using Accounting Report Tags… but if you want to show sales you need to use REPORT TICKET DETAILS tags. Let me give an example:

https://forum.sambapos.com/t/employee-entity-flow-time-clock-included/4711/27

You can play around with the syntax… but for me to really help you I need to know what you want in the report. Showing a mockup of what you want it to look like would help.

1 Like

oh!! it coud be useful for me too if was public the post jajajaj

Sorry didnt realize it was a beta topic one sec.

Starting on the reporting. First step was to modify WP report to show Employee Sales instead of User Sales

[Employee Ticket Sales:1, 1]

{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:EN.Employee,([T.TotalAmount]).sum}

Ignore the blank sales I did not reset transactions after I built the Employee system.

1 Like

Hi @Jesse thanks! - ‘Report Ticket Details’ - that’s a helpful start. So similar to the following report is what we’re after… except we’re not recording Tips - so I think we only have to calculate an employee entity total sales for that shift…? and I should be able to create a ’ Print Shift Report ’ button in the POS menu?

EDIT: or this exmple

Ok so you want it broken down as single report for each Entity… not a single report with all entities… Do you want everything that sample report showed? Or is there specific things you only want in the report for each Employee?

Yes you can use the Print Report action and build automation around an Automation Command Button. We can use report parameters to feed which Employee is currently logged in… Man I really dont have time to show you right now I gotta hit the bed. I will try and throw something together tommorow night. However in the meantime you can look back at the Time Clock tutorial I built and check out the time keeping reports… you can get idea of how to feed Employee name into parameters inside a report.

1 Like

Yes a single report for each entity - as for specific content once I get the basics I should be able to customize if needed…

Sorry thanks for your help… I should be able to figure out the automation commands myself … but for Reports… it’ll help knowing where to look for Employee / Entity Parameters… Will update you on my progress tomorrow :slight_smile: Thanks again!

EDIT: Here’s wht Im kindof going for but cnt figure out the employee entity yet.

[Employee Ticket Sales:1, 1]

{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:EN.Employee,([T.TotalAmount]).sum}

Cash | {REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Cash)}
Credit Card | {REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Credit Card)}
Total | {REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Credit Card) or (PT=Cash)}

EDIT 2: Okay so more like some of these syntax>??..

[TEST:1,1,1,1]
{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:EC.Employee.Jen,T.TicketNumber,T.Time,TN.TotalAmount}

[Employee Tickets:1, 1]

testJen{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:EC.Employee.Jen,T.TotalAmount.sum}
testFred{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:ELEN.Fred,T.TotalAmount.sum}
{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:EN.Employee,T.TotalAmount.sum}

[Report Ticket Detils JEN:1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:ELEN.Jen,T.TotalAmount}

so something like this maybe for reporting on an Entity Employee? @Jesse did you get chance to look at all? ELEN and EC seem to do the same thing. any resources to study Report Parameters for whos currently logged in… what if both employees are logged in at once…

1 Like

So Nevermind… and thanks for your help @Jesse ! - we aren’t going to use the Custom Flow / Entities Time Clock any more. so now I’m just trying to do a sales report BY USER … and adding a button in the POS that can trigger a specific report to print based on the active user. I understand and agree with wanting people to learn and figure out the syntax themselves but I’m surprised no one has posted an example template or tutorial similar to this yet, I see alot of requests. Anyway I’m going to try and figure it out… For now I guess we’re just going to get the Waiters to cash out based on the standard Work Period Report.

I think this is exactly what I’m looking for, weird how searching I didn’t find it before…

coud you make this post public? i cant see it

I was playing with this but i can not understand how it works
i need to see the REPORT ORDER DETAILS for each Ticket Tag “Camarer@” could somebody help me?

You see the @ report? This generates a list and then the report is looped for each value of the list using $1
So the item sales report you show has report for menu item names on the @ and then the actual returned report contains menuitem=$1 in the constraints part.

ok, could you give me an example?

This is an old report that had a bug if special chars in names but an example of dual @ expressions;

@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup.asc,O.ExactTotal.Sum::{0}:,}
@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True):{0}:,}
[$1 Sales:8, 2, 2]
>{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$2" and (MG=$1)}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:'        '+[O.PortionName],O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$2" and (MG=$1) and O.PortionName!="Normal"}
>>Total $1|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True) and (MG=$1)}

[Item Sales:8, 2, 2, 2]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.ExactTotal.Percent,O.Quantity.Sum,O.ExactTotal.Sum}
>>Total Sales||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum}

See the two @ declaration reports and the use of $1 and $2

ok, thanks for your time but i have no idea how to use it in my report

@juancho23 Is this in a case where waiters are Tagged to sale?

yes, its a ticket tag when the ticket is open to select a waiter

If your using ticket tag and reporting whole ticket based on user (via ticket tag on ticket created) why not just report ticket user?
Am confused what your trying to do.

its because i have no idea how to use it, the last reports that i finaly make it works took me a hole week, reading and using the tips that the people in the forum gave me, but when you talk about $1or @ is imposible for my to use it, i dont know here put it not even what are they do :slight_smile:

@ declairs a list

@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup.asc,O.ExactTotal.Sum::{0}:,}
This gives a list of product group codes

Then $ causes a loop from the list values
$1
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and (MG=$1)}
So this reports items for each groupcode under a header for each group.

1 Like

Hey I created a Report based on Ticket Tags… So my waiters don’t login to the system but instead they are just tagged to a Ticket. Not sure if it’s something you meant
Note: You will have to change TT.Waiters to whatever you call your Tag

[Waitress Tag Item Sales:2, 1, 1, 1]
@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:TT.Waiters,O.Quantity.Sum::{0}:,}
>>$1
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum,O.ExactTotal.Percent.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum: 
(TT.Waiters=$1)}
>Total:||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum:(TT.Waiters=$1)}
1 Like