Warehouse setup help

ok . i want to create 3 warehouse :
1st one i’ll called main warehouse ,in this one i’ll store every item i buy from suppliers
2nd one i’ll called ingredients warehouse and this one for the items i bought from suppliers and stored in 1sr warehouse but need some work before i can sell it
3rd one i’ll call it store warehouse and this one will be in my restaurnt for items i will sell and the items come direct from main warehouse and some from ingredients warehouse
for example i buy pepsi and meat from suplliers and store em in main warehouse, the pepsi will go direct from main warehouse to store warehouse but the meat will need some work on it tho it will go 1st to ingredient warehouse to become piccata and other stuff that i can sell then it will go to store warehouse after for selling
now i want to transfer items between warehouses and not show as purchase transaction only transfer

So your wanting to create a production warehouse and a local warehouse.

This has been discussed many times before

Here is my opinion and it typically ends up being the simplest and easiest in the end.

Use a single warehouse for everything. For products like Pizza that has items like dough and Sauce that require other items to make you can do two things. 1. Do some math and figure out average of each base item used per pizza and use that in recipe for finished pizza, or 2. do not track inventory of sauce and dough in recipe and use End of Day records to adjust it based off visual inspection.

For pepsi just use a recipe that takes it from the single warehouse.

So the end result would be if you sell 1 cheese pizza and 1 pepsi.

Pepsi reduces by 1, Cheese reduces by 2 cups (Takes 2 cups cheese per pizza) Sauce, and Dough do not reduce anything.

End of work period you go and visually inspect inventory left of tomatos, flour, salt, etc and you adjust them with End of Day records.

Or if your like me you dont have time to check inventory every day. I check it twice a week depending on when I order… I adjust it then. I typically check and adjust 1 or 2 days before my order point.

ok . i’ll do that but how i can transfer between 2 warehouse without show in inventory transaction report .
for example i bought 100 pepsi and stored em in local . when i move 50 to production warehouse , i found in inventory transaction report that i bought 150. but i actually 100 not 150 .
u can see that in eariler replay with emre with screen shots.
is it something wrong i did or there is way to transfer em direct . just transfer not purchase from my local to store warehouse

Why do you need to transfer pepsi to another warehouse. just make recipe take it out of main warehouse

cause i want track all stuf i buy in one warehouse and the other one will be for the store to consume from

tho can i transfer items from warehouse to another and not count as purchase transaction ?? and show in report ?

That does not counts them as purchase. Reports configured to list all transactions as purchases. For example you can configure it to something like…

[Purchases by Group:1, 1]
{REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:T.ItemGroup,T.TotalPrice.Sum:(ITT=Purchase Transaction Type)}
>Total|{REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:T.TotalPrice.Sum:(ITT=Purchase Transaction Type)}

[Purchases:2, 1,1, 1]
{REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:T.Name,T.Quantity.Sum,T.Unit,[T.TotalPrice.Sum]/[T.Quantity.Sum]:(ITT=Purchase Transaction Type)}

[Your Custom Transaction Type:2,1,1, 1,1, 1]
>Name|Source|Target|Quantity|Unit|Amount
{REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:T.Name,T.Source,T.Target,T.Quantity.Sum,T.Unit,[T.TotalPrice.Sum]/[T.Quantity.Sum]:(ITT=Your Custom Transaction Type)}

Change Your Custom Transaction Type parts with your type.

PS: For simplicity warehouse screen displays all + inventory as purchase and all - inventory as consumption. You can differ them in reports.

In case you need here are all possible {REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS} fields.

T.TransactionType
T.Name
T.Date
T.Time
T.Source
T.Target
T.ItemGroup
T.AccountName

2 Likes

Whats is inventory fields like

Sorry couldn’t understand your question.

{report inventory} fields

What do you want to know about them? Look here for Custom Report tag usage tutorials.
http://www.sambapos.com/wiki/doku.php?id=custom_reporting_tags

OH OK got it. {REPORT INVENTORY} does not have fields. It is a hard coded report. It only supports inventory item name so {REPORT INVENTORY:Meat} will return actual inventory for meat.

You can take a look to {REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS} tag.

1 Like

How do I sort the INVENTORY TRANSACTION by Warehouse Type?

The code below does not seem to work:

@{REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:T.AccountName.asc,T.Quantity.Sum::{0}:,}
[Inventory Purchase by Warehouse $1: 2, 3, 3, 3, 7, 2, 1, 2, 2]
{REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:D.Id,T.Date,D.Description,T.ItemGroup,T.Name,T.Unit,T.Quantity,[T.TotalPrice]/[T.Quantity],T.AccountName=$1}
>|||||||Total|{REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:T.TotalPrice.sum:T.AccountName=$1}

Try including T.Target to get the target warehouse name.

1 Like

Hi Emre. How do I transfer items from one warehouse to another. For example I have a bar but I keep stock in a certain warehouse named stores 1. So when the bar requests for items. The person in charge of store 1 issues the items. Therefore I want to have a report showing the stock that is in stores 1 and also be able to see the bar inventory. Thanks

Hello Dan,

Could you please review the steps in the document?

https://kb.sambapos.com/en/4-16-how-to-configure-product-based-warehouse-tracking/

Here’s what I have from an old db. It should work for you. You can specify source and target warehouses when transferring inventory.

Inventory transaction type:

Inventory document type:

the move in action - I can’t recall if the cost is populated automatically so you’ll want to test before deploying:
2022-06-22_12;35_1655922929_Samba.Presentation

Okay. Than you for the response. I have one more question. I have tried setting up use of points from Emre tutorial of v4 but I can’t figure out why why I do all the steps I don’t get the “use points” button like you see in his tutorial

Thanks you. Where can I find the report to view the transactions for this and inventory balances. Thanks

There’s a default inventory report that is supplied.

Here is what I used for transfers. This was from when I understood even less of the reporting features than I do now (which isn’t much) so this report must have been scraped from the forum. Perhaps it’ll show what you need.

[Purchases by Group:1, 1]
{REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:T.ItemGroup,T.TotalPrice.Sum}
>Total|{REPORT INVENTORY TRANSACTION DETAILS:T.TotalPrice.Sum}

[Transaction Entries by Warehouse:3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1]
@{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Warehouse.asc::{0}:,}

>>Item|Purchased|Transfers|Result|Unit|Unit Cost|Total Cost
>>$1
{REPORT CONSUMPTION DETAILS:C.Name.asc,C.Added.sum,C.Removed.sum,[C.Added.sum]-[C.Removed.sum],C.Unit,C.Cost.sum,[C.Cost.sum]*[C.Added.sum]:C.Added>0 and (PCW=$1) or C.Removed>0 and (PCW=$1)}