What I expect in V5

Would this not be down to how you setup your rule to fire a start process action?

Iā€™m sorry JTRTech, Iā€™m still learning Samba and havenā€™t had any experience setting up this type of process, so donā€™t have a clue where to start.

That aside, how would you call on a system notification and not a file name? Keeping in mind that there are different versions of Windows, with system notification files in different folder locations etc.

Dont get me wrong Ive never had much dealing with start process action myself or system sounds for that matter.

There must be a way to trigger a system sound using some code maybe in a .bat file.
I mean plenty of software seems to use system sounds for error messages etc - unless they have the sound file internally.

Thinking about your idea though some form of sound output could be handy for other ideasā€¦
Notification to check on a tableā€¦
If someone finds a solution for cash drawer state feedback maybe some sounder if the cash drawer is left open for more than a given amount of time (have seen this in places like the post office and supermarkets)ā€¦

Has emre given any thoughts to it? Not sure if it would be a big job to allow samba itself to output a soundā€¦ perhaps from a sounds folder next to the images folder in the SambaPOS folderā€¦

Google gives lots of results for customizing the system sounds but cant find anything of how to use in 3rd party software.