What I expect in V5

I second that, an easy way to output to popular accounting software would be a nice idea.
Sage would be another good one, not used personally but obviously very popular.

Hi emre, thank you for your quick response.

I have one more suggestion for you to please consider. It would be great if V5 had an option for over the air updates. I get that not everyone will want over the air updates for the core software, but there are some of us who would want automatic updates of the core software to a new stable version. It would be great if this was an option.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi emre, for custom reports, I have an idea to simplify it’s use.

You could design custom reports user interface like Microsoft Excel’s pivot tables feature. You have fields and entities you can drag and drop into columns and rows.

For any calculations required, you can open a separate dialogue box which will only show the fields and entities already in use in the pivot table. Think of MS Access query feature. From this new dialogue box, the user can create links between fields and entities by using common symbols such as +,×,÷ or = between the fields and entities to write out their formula.

Once the report is designed, the user can save it with a name and access it when ever they like.

I hope this makes sense.

1 Like

Pivot tables are available in custom reports in case you didnt know. Look here:

http://sambapos.com/wiki/doku.php?id=custom_report_pivot_table_views

PS. Here is link to the Documentation Wiki you will see that it is not complete as it was a community project and we had only select few contribute but it does have very good information.

http://sambapos.com/wiki/doku.php?id=start

I’m glad people started asking things even biggest companies with largest teams does not have. imho we’re doing really great lol… As we’ve formed a beta team I expect to release public releases less frequently to improve quality of stable releases. V4 updated almost 2 or 3 times every week but for V5 we’ll release a new update once every 2-3 months. Unfortunately the best we can do for V5 is noticing user for new updates. For now I don’t think updating a production system automatically is a good idea. However I agree that needs a solution. Web based POS solutions doing great for updates but that solution still has disadvantages for mission critical operations. We have a great idea for V6. Not cloud, not web based but intelligently compiled hybrid solution that combines most benefits of these. We’ll test few ideas (JScript integrations, auto configuration, custom reporting, etc) with V5. You’ll see automatic updates for some specific features soon.

Also thank you for the pivot table idea. We also have some pivot table samples here.

3 Likes

So, next week will be 1 of June, do you think that you will get the V 5 LIVE ? :smiley:

I do not recall him saying it would be out the 1st of June.

It could be though …

Hi Emre,

What would be the results of updating from V4 to V5 on a existing system.
I have now 2 systems running, not perfect but doing the job, as I’m also a new-bee and still have to learn a lot.
I managed to set up the 2 systems within 3 weeks without any prior SambaPOS knowledge.
I do have an IT background, so this is helping a lot.

I do strongly believe that SambaPOS has a great future and like even in a developer situation I could maybe help as a test case.
Keep up the good work, and hope V5 is soon lounged.

Peter

@emre do you have an official release date for V5? I’m very curious and excited about working on V5!!

Lol this topic is a hit xD

The only date @emre has released is June but it was tentative so we will hope.

Hi guys, quick suggestion. Will it be possible in V5 to have an option to download a clean copy, without any testing data or mock up restaurant?

Or have a simple way to clean the historical data?

Thank you

PS. Thank you to everyone who has answered my previous posts. I’m on here late at night after work and don’t get the time to respond to everyone, but do appreciate the help. Thank you

You can do that now if you choose not to install sample data

I must have missed a step when I installed V4.

Thank you for the insight.

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: DynDNS and setting up remote access

Hi guys, I’m not sure if this request has been made for V5. Can we please utilise system sound for notification when the kitchen display is updated.

If we use the system sounds engine, then any end user can replace the system sound file with whatever audio file they choose to use.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you

You can do that in v4 with start process action.

I’m aware of this, however this is more of a work around which relies on the file being saved locally and the file being opened using an audio player. This also doesn’t work across devices, unless you had the file saved in the same location on every device etc.

Is there no way to trigger a system sound using a start process?

There has to be a way to trigger a system sound. I mean software uses system sounds everyday.

The tricky bit is to only trigger the system sound on only the device(s) which has the kitchen display or bar display open and only when either of those tabs are open.