Add signature to ticket

In some instances, such as with credit cards, employee meals, or refunds, I require my employees to sign the physical reciept that prints out. However, is there any way to add an electronic signature? Right now I am thinking about adding a “signature” product and having them sign their names using free tagging, but is there a smarter solution?

That might be a simple start.

Create a new Sign Ticket action.

Create Sign Button.

Map that button to Ticket.

Create a rule to sign ticket when sign button clicked.

Create default mapping for rule.

###Usage

Sign button will appear here.

Clicking on Sign button will display that dialog window.

Signer name will appear under ticket.

You can include it in printer templates with {TICKET TAG:Signed By} tag so it will also appear in printouts.

This is just the start. You can fine tune it by configuring when sign button appears, using magnetic card readers to scan employee data, or use custom reports to list tickets by signed waiter. I’ll recommend you to review tutorials to understand how these features works so you can implement your own solution.

1 Like

Works beautifully! Thank you!

Is this how the printer template should be set up ? So that the person can sign the reciept?

or should i just draw this on the ticket ----.> x___________________________________

My goal is to have the person sign the receipt so i can keep it for my records.

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<T>Receipt
<L00>Date:{DOCUMENT DATE}
<L00>Time:{DOCUMENT TIME}
<L00>{DESCRIPTION}
<F>-
{TRANSACTIONS}
<F>-
{TICKET TAG:Signed by}
[TRANSACTIONS]
<J00>{SOURCE ACCOUNT} | {AMOUNT}
<J00>Balance:|{SOURCE BALANCE}

[LAYOUT]

-- General layout

<T>Receipt

<L00>Date:{DOCUMENT DATE}

<L00>Time:{DOCUMENT TIME}

<L00>{DESCRIPTION}

<F>-

{TRANSACTIONS}

<F>-

{TICKET TAG:Signed by}

[TRANSACTIONS]

<J00>{SOURCE ACCOUNT} | {AMOUNT}

<J00>Balance:|{SOURCE BALANCE}

Edit your post. Highlight it and press the < \ > button to format your code correctly.

That printer template used to print account transactions so you can’t use ticket related tags like {TICKET TAG} there.

Sounds like a good idea. This tutorial relates with a specific case where waiters signs their name tickets but this is not a wet sign. Just tagging their name on ticket.