Age Check for selling drinks

i fixed it, some of my {TICKET TAG:X} had Customers’s D.O.B instead of Customer’s D.O.B (theres an extra ‘s’ in the first example. its now all working woooo :smile:

@QMcKay the D.O.B to DOB only affected the text that displays on the keyboard/keypad

Do we know if we can disable the OK button on the keypad? ive removed the setting of ‘O’ but the OK button still shows. As it does the same as the ENTER button on the keypad i just wanted to remove it

Ive tried Adding and removing ‘C’ and the cancel button does appear and disappear but OK is always showing even when the setting isnt there to activate it

1 Like

@emre in your example once age has been verified it does not ask again for the next items that are added. Mine is asking after every item even when the first one is confirmed, where do i need to look/what have i done for this to stop asking when first item is confirmed?

next item added and keypad appears again asking for age (automatically saved in keypad so can just press enter, but this shouldnt show at all?)

Check order added to ticket rule constraint correctly checks Age Verification state.

thanks for pointing me to the right place, i fixed it :slight_smile:

@emre

sorry, i have another question…

If the customer is clearly old enough to purchase age restricted items we would never ask them for proof of ID as its pretty obvious they are old enough. How could i bypass having to enter a birthday. So id want the ticket and order to show as confirmed but i wouldnt be entering a birthday.

I like what you did with leaving it OK/ENTER to unconfirm the sale, so can i set a constraint so that if i entered (a code) for example 99 when the keypad asks for the birthday it would mark the sale as confirmed? I thought of this then realised whatever is entered has to be in the date format set so it would need to be 9999 or 999999.

is there a way to do this?

I think you may be making it over complicated here are 2 simple solutions

Set a birthday that’s within limit. Does not matter if its his or not. Specify all waiters use same one for these cases and you can track its use.

or

Make it do whatever behavior you want… move the Age verification to start from automation command executed instead of order added… and put an ask question on the order added… Question can say, Does customer look like they are over 40? Yes button would bypass the birthday check but still confirm… no button would initiate the age check. Can use the same constraints looking for confirmed status or unconfirmed for the question to be fired.

1 Like

fyi… OK button hiding issue resolved for next version.

1 Like

I just implemented this and added the Ask Question modification and it works great! Very good solution @emre thank you for making it possible. It also gave me some great ideas for more stuff I am working on.

PS Love where the custom reports are going. It just feels more natural to create them with the built in syntax vs using sql scripting.

1 Like

I do not know if its good or bad or neither… but I was looking for a way to disable age check until I carry alcohol. I can just delete rule mapping… but I thought I will just delete the custom product tag… items not tagged it wont trigger anything… I deleted it… products show no tag… yet they all still trigger the age check… So looks like its not clearing the tag off the items in the database?

PS Just checked database… and I was right the tags are still there even though I deleted the Tag and it is not showing it on the products.

Unfortunately not… as it might do more harm than it’s usefulness :slight_smile:

1 Like

I figured… I will just delete the mappings.

1 Like

Brill, i really like this any chance you can share the ask question setup?

I will but its really exactly like I said few posts up. I’m not at home i’m at restaurant and on my phone. So will be a while before I can share it.

Hey @RickH did you get this figured out? I have been busy I almost forgot about this.

Not yet :frowning:

Ive had a few tries but also been really busy an not been able to spend as much time as i wanted trying to fogure it out

If youve still got time to show me thatd be great!

Its really simple and you will do a forehead slap when you see it haha. Yes I will show you give me a bit.

Haha its often the simplest things i overlook an try an do things the hard way lol

Thanks so much!

Go to your Order Added rule Clone it and convert the clone to this:

GO to the original Order Added Rule and change it as follows:

Add this rule:

You need to make an ask question action. I made a generic one that uses all variables so I do not have to make a new action every time I want to use ask question. You can do the same or you can make one specific to your Age Check… just be sure it is setup like screenshot shows.

You can customize it little further by adding some ticket tag to the last rule I showed you… it could mark a tag saying Confirmed over 40 …

EDIT: Just noticed IGNORE my action that says Mark order as unconfirmed… its really markikng it confirmed I made that action use a variable instead of hardcoded… I just did not rename the action yet. So if your using two actions like original tutorial shows… then just put mark Order as Confirmed there.

Also going to point out I used AC_Age Check automation command … You do not have to actually make an automation command for it as long as you type it exactly the same in all rules your using it. Reason being I defined it in the Ask Question action from screenshot #1 so You do not have to create one. It will work either way though. If you want to make one you can.

EDIT: Spotted another small typo… First screenshot for buttons defined in ask question I made a mistake defining the colors of Yes… it should say White;Gray not White,Gray

Let us know if you have any issues.