Billiard Lights on and off

We appreciate people doing business with SambaPOS. It is OK to add your brand as long as you license LEAP POS with GPL and fulfill GPL’s liabilities. But the issue I’m seeing here is you’ll install V3 to your customer instead of V4. That’s OK if you did some development (and released these changes as open source) but if it is only rebranding that adds no value to the project and customer will work with possible V3 issues solved in V4.

Like you said software is not that important. The important thing is the service you’ll provide. If using V3 does not provide a clear benefit for customer I’ll strongly advice to keep going with V4 or V5.

For the box you need to know serial port parameters that needed to communicate with that device. Trying that website address looks like a good idea. I guess it will accept a binary data like 001010 that each 0 and 1’s represents a switch’s state.

but could not find anything there

Thank u Emre for you approach
I understand it very well and always include GPL Licence with client installation and I never Charge for the software I only charge for my services
the reason i changed the name cause all my software called Leap like for example leap HR, Leap Accounting and leap Fleet management and give all of them for free

Now why I didn’t move yet to version 4 cause I made a lot of changes and developments in v3 and im not ready to move to v4 but defiantly I will go for v5

1 Like

I don’t mean including GPL License text on client :slight_smile: I mean you need to release publicly LEAP POS as opensource. The final product built based on a GPL’d source code should also licensed as GPL and released as open source. That’s the idea behind GPL.

wow I was not doing that at all I was just including the licence and informing the client that its a free software
but I still don’t understand where and how I should release publicly leap pos as an open source
can u explain please

You’ll create a fork here and upload your source code to your repository.

You can find details about both GPL terms, forking and github via google. Spare some time for it, you’ll learn a lot of good stuff :wink:

ok I got it I will do asap thanx
I have another question I know that v4 and v5 are not open source but can it be re-branded
please don’t get me wrong I just want to do that to maintain the same brand name for all the software’s im using cause everyone in my city knows me by leap even if u search my phone number in true caller app u will see lots of ppl saving my number as leap somthing :stuck_out_tongue:
therefore I would like to stick with the same line if its possible but if not then no worries

You may not be able to rebrand the little logo in the top left but have seen many putting their logo in the main login screen logo position.
Personally I just put customers logo here but
If I was looking to do that and include my own logo and details I would create the png to have customer logo with my details under it in that login logo position.

I think you may struggle to find the commands required by this box.

Depending on your local/countries legislation on electrics (maybe speak to your sparky) it may be easier and cheaper to just replace this box.
I am not a Electrition by trade but am good with electric/tech in general.
A quick google search returned results for example of rasberrypi relay boards from £20, after hours and hours of searching it may be more viable to look at more modern alternatives.
The relay board mentioned listed the relays as 10amp which should be more than enough for lighting circuits. Failing that if building regs would have issues then I expect a sparky installing relays switched by a low voltage controler should be more acceptable.
At least with something more up to date like that there will be plenty of documentation.

yes Im aware of that but what Im looking for is full re-branding
I sow once but I don’t remember where that Samba can be re-branded for a certain fees
I think I sow that when emre was running the campaign to raise money for development

ok this is what im going to do I will purchase a new device at my expense then we will work it out to integrate it with samba so lets call it a new challenge
I will inform u when I got the device u might also recommend a device cause u got more electrical experience than me

hmm did a quick search on rebranding samba pos v4. Not that I need it or want to do it as I recognise Emre’s hard work but there seems to be a lot of people trying to do it

or more specific
https://www.freelancer.com/projects/PHP-Software-Architecture/rebrand-samba-pos/

Its a shame really that people try and rebrand this great software as their own

they cant do it v4 is a closed source they might try to decompile the source code using some C# decompiling tools such as .net reflector but its almost impossible cause when they try to rebuild the source thousands of errors will appear and it will take ages to fuiger how to fix those errors

Please don’t get me wrong - I am not a electrician - I like to tinker and have done many projects with the aim of doing something using parts rather than buy expensive pre-made solution.
My main concern would be your local legislation, projects like this are not so bad as projects at home but implementing a DIY electrical solution in a business environment is very questionable as at lease here in UK a business would need electrical works to be signed of by certified sparky…
If something does go wrong your insurance will have a field day if they find anything thats not up to regulation/signed off.
Please just bear that in mind.
While it could be done right and up to reg using bits as mentioned it may well be better off buying a new version/equivalent of the unit you have there that comes with documentation.

Did you find a part number on the main controller board? That is likely to be the only way you stand any chance of using the existing box.

Hi JTRT
I understand ur Concerns Perfectly also we got the Same regulations here in UAE
Im going to do the project at my own risk as an R&D and I will do it at my lab at my home
if it works then its another story
the idea of this project that we might find a new future for samba, Im running Samba at 3 billiard clubs and its working like a charm therefor I don’t see why not to add this capability

it will be an added value for all of us

the trick is to find the right LCB (light control Board)

As you seem pretty good with code etc I expect this would be a pretty easy job for you.
You could use an arduino board with relay ‘bolt ons’ use samba to output a code to the board which you program to read the code and switch accordingly.
Have looked at playing with arduinos in the past and with right code are very very nifty little boards for jobs just like this :smile:

can u check please and confirm if its our case

Along those lines.

The wiring part and relays are simple, even programing arduino to turn on and off isnt that tricky and given you seem to be code/programing type person should be walk in the park for you.

The bit im not 100% on is the Samba/PC --> arduino bit.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Serial/read
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SerialEvent

These may make more sense to you as I am a more practical person that a code buff.

Looking into samba side, how are you charging for tables?
You said on a timer so is it pay tab after finished rather than pre pay?
Joe

HI JTR sorry for the late response I was little Bit Busy

yes its after its finished they stop the timer and they charge the amount shown in the screen off course there is minimum time like for example if the hour is $10 minimum is 30m so it will charge immediately $5

but i have a problem that I cant solve when settling the invoice print out shows the regional price even if the charge is $10, any ideas

::: Champion Billiard :::         
Date:8/8/2015                             
Time:2:46 AM                              
Table: 13                                 
Ticket No:52                              
User:Administrator                        
------------------------------------------
- 1 Billiard Table Rent        20.00 20.00
==========================================
Total:                               20.00
Received:                               20
Balance:                             15.00