Cash Denomination Screen Problem

hi everybody
hope you are all doing well
I have a problem with my Cash denomination screen from couple of weeks. I have found a solution temporarily but not perfect. So, the problem is the numbers what I put in editor widgets are not disappearing even ate work period is closed. I have checked all my rules but could not find any problem in there. Please help someoneDenomination%20Screen

Looks like you setting default value using a local setting which unless you clear it or restart samba will remain.

Now I came to the same problem which I faced earlier. please have a look

I dont understand what your asking now? Whats that screenshot meant to be showing me.

Please have a look at the video clip. you can find what exactly my problem is

They are local settings now. Not global.

And you removed the localsetting. So you broke it.

what I have to do now. can you please explain clearly

Why did you remove your localsetting ? It won’t work without that.

Your issue looks like in the first screenshot your using {LOCAL SETTING:Local CO Set Coutn Value}
But in that rule your clearing CO Set Count Value, you have dropped the Local part of the setting name when trying to clear the values.
Your clearing a value which doesnt exist by looks of it leaving the values you were settings/not clearing

First I did exactly as you said I am sending the screenshots. Please have a look.Denomination%20Screen

@nani I have explained what your issue looks to be;

Your clearing a setting which doesnt exist.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply
I will do the changes and come back to you with results

The issue with it saying its global is probably because you still have a global setting of that name saved in DB.
As for not clearing I would say either the entity screen is not refreshing or perhaps issue with the clear action. Can you show the set count action.

There is another issue…
Your clearing a glocal setting when your using local with your widgets…
Local=false means global
Changing the action wont update the instances of the action you already have in the rule BTW. If you edit action you need to remove, save and read to rule.
I would change name to global and make new action for local then change actions in rule to use that.

Yer… they are all using local setting but your rule for wp started uses an action set to clear global settings.
That will also be why its saying there is a global setting with that name because your not deleting the setting you setting it to bank/empty which will have made those settings in the db

Previously it used to be {SETTING:CO Set Count Value $1}

But, the time it was stopped working i have changed all the settings to local
so, may be i have not done all of them properly. i have never used local settings before
one day i found it stopped working then i have changed everting and made some trails to solve it it not be successful

Go back to how it was when it was working but not clearing.
Its not clearing because your clear actions not only had different setting name but also were clearing global setting not local.

Global vs Local are not much different in general use.
Diferences are that global is stored in SQL database but local stored in cache, global will persist until cleared but local wil be cleared when samba is closed either just closed or pc restarted etc.
As the name suggests global would be available accross all machines, local is only local to that machine.
You shouldn’t use global and local with same name.
{SETTING: will call either
{GLOBAL SETTING; or {LOCAL SETTING: do similar but are specified.
Action to update offers ‘Is Local’ option, True makes Local Setting, False does Global