Changing Table Button Captions

His most likely talking about either the default tables entity screen or an entity screen with table buttons on it

In the POS screen looking at your table layout, i.e an entity screen

My captions are for each entity button = in line 1 : waiter name line 2 Customer Name line 3 : “Time since last food order”

I’m using QMcKay’s kitchen screens setup so it would use Task Type : FoodDisplayTask i guess?

1 Like

I think you can store ticket ID (or table name) in Tasks as custom data and query them by using Task Custom Report Tags.

https://sambapos.com/wiki/doku.php/custom_reporting_tags_for_v5#report_task_details

1 Like

how can i use “LAST ORDER MINUTES” on table button? and i want to change button colour to blue when last order munites be 45 minutes. can you help me?

You would probably use a ternary expression (like an if)
If order minutes < 45 ? panel colour one : panel colour two

First, i want to see last order time on button. How can i?

For that probably can just use the status state updated time as adding a new order will update state. There will be example for that on the forum im sure. Take a look at the original example of the entity state formatting.

See the first part of this topic.

2 Likes

There is a problem. did you try it once? the button looking like this(3 min) and i create a new order. time did not change. it is same 3 min.

Did you wait atleast 1 minute?

Yes i wait. When i click write account, button turn red. And time reset. But i create an order, button still yellow and time is not reset.

So show your setup. So we can see

i solve the problem. if you dont use sql database, it can not run correctly. Thank you

1 Like

Just out of curiosity you were not in txt mode were you?

yeap it was in txt mode :smile:

1 Like

Lots of people enable that thinking it will work for production. TXT mode is meant for demo purposes just to see a basic look… it was never meant to be actually used and in fact it cant be…as you found out.

Yeah, It would be good if @emre could put a warning on the bottom like the working period, saying something about Samba not being working because its in TXT mode

i have a problem again. i am using 6 tablet pc. and 2 pc. i sent the database.

when i create a new order. it is showing the first order time on table button

i updated my database from v4. is there anything about it?