Changing Table Button Captions

I tried it like this cuz i dont know how to use the code template ;
{REPORT TICKET TAGS:TT.<Garson>:<Garson 1,Garson 2}
But useless.
EDIT: Çocuğumu keserim, help pls :stuck_out_tongue:

Remove the <> from tagname.
Also expression is wrong

Sure i made the changes but i dont know what expression must be too …

Did you read the link he gave? It explains expressions in detail.

Unfortunately, yes i did. But i dont know SQL or how to code other things. And i actually dont sure about is it possible or not. So if anyone can tell adding the ticket tag to table view is possible or not i can try it more. But i already tried so many combinations about it. The problem is like i said i dont know about coding. Im kinda an end user. And i just need a Tutorial about it i guess.

That was a tutorial and it explained how to do it. That is not sql and it is not programming its instructions on how to use the tags. What part of the expression instructions did you try?

Yes its possible and emre gave yiu the tag to use.

I dont think it is a tutorial, its kinda how to code things, i mean an end user do not need “how to code” , u must present “how to do thing” i saw thousands of tuts till today and i can obviously can say its not a tut. I appreciate it, Thanks for wasting time with me.

-off topic-
And u guys must integrate the huge points to samba at new versions, there must be buttons to activate them or deactive. For ex. Package Delivery , must be included,Owner Discounts, this view states must be included,WYSIWUG logic must be here. @emre

Its not coding. Its instructions and examples with detailed explanation of how to use custom reports. Not everuthing can be buttons you press. If you take the time to look at it you will find its not that hard to understand the instructions.

What part of it did you try? You saw the examples and you saw the list of available expressions?

2 Likes

Yasin people likes SambaPOS because of customization possibilities. We tried releasing pre-built databases but it is really hard for people to understand complex configurations and customize it for their own needs… So instead of giving people a zip file that contains everything we release the base configuration and help people to understand how to customize it by writing tutorials, writing documents or answering questions. It takes more time for us but people who wants to learn can learn and benefit from customization features. Even we release pre-built stuff none of them will contain keeping waiter as a ticket tag and displaying them on table buttons so you need to tell SambaPOS how to display waiter names. It is not coding. It is using a special syntax implemented to customize captions. If you learn that syntax you’ll use it while preparing your own custom reports or customizing SambaPOS to do custom things while creating tickets. Otherwise everytime you need to change something you need to ask to forum and expect someone to do it for you.

4 Likes

Thans for explanation, I got it, this is ur how we work thing. And yes it has a nice logic, i get it now. I will try to understand it more. I hope i can.

2 Likes

Feel free to ask where you can’t understand.

The idea is…

1. You can display anything on table button captions. For example if you write {TIME} it displays time.
  2. You can fetch any (almost) data from SambaPOS by using Custom Report Syntax.

so you can fetch ticket tags via Custom Report Tags and display it on table button captions. If you get familiar with custom reports and follow table button tutorial you’ll understand a lot of things that will be useful while customizing other parts of SambaPOS.

1 Like

I dont know writing messages here is right or not , maybe i must use the pm but, this is kinda step by step learning :slight_smile:

After reading the link which u gave me, i saw this code is working at this table view .
{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.RemainingAmount: (TEN.Masalar=$1) and T.RemainingAmount>0}

Then i thought it must be like this;

Now for this template {REPORT TICKET TAGS:TT.<tag name>:<expression>}
I understand it like that,

1-) {REPORT TICKET TAGS} is the syntax.
2-) TT. or TT.Garsonlar is my necessary tag.
3-) The expression thing is something like this (TT=Garson 1) or maybe (TT=$1)

With the 3 steps i created this one {REPORT TICKET TAGS:TT.Garson: (TT=$1)}
and this one {REPORT TICKET TAGS:TT.Garson: (TT=Garson 1)}

And the result is not positive. What am i missing ?

Try this.

{REPORT TICKET TAGS:TT.Garson:(TEN.Masalar=$1)} 

Yes posting publicly is the right thing to do.

1 Like

I had tried this version too. And i tried it again now and its like this

Well you confused me… It is

{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TT.Garson:(TEN.Masalar=$1)}

You want open ticket waiter for the table ? So it should be…

{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TT.Garson:(TEN.Masalar=$1) and T.RemainingAmount>0}

If you compare it with tag that displays the remaining amount…

{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.RemainingAmount: (TEN.Masalar=$1) and T.RemainingAmount>0}

The difference is you changed T.RemainingAmount with TT.Garson…

3 Likes

Wow :smiley:

Now it worked. But why we need to define ">0" To bring just ticket tag?
Cuz, when we do the same without >0 at the TEN.Masalar tag it shows something in every situation.
As u see here ;
with just this code; {REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.RemainingAmount: (TEN.Masalar=$1)}TL it shows something

I guess its about the state. It is New Order State and it is only available when a ticket has an order. Which makes the table color yellow. When it is <0 there cant be any ticket tag selected. Thats why we could not get them with just {REPORT TICKET TAGS:TT.Garson:(TEN.Masalar=$1)}
Am i right ?

You’re using Custom Report Tags there. You can test them by creating a new report so you may get better idea about how these works.

T.RemainingAmount > 0 is an expression (filter). We want tickets that have remaining amount (in other words unpaid, or open tickets). Without that expression that will return result for all tickets.

In fact we use 2 expressions there to filter open tickets for that table name.

{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:T.RemainingAmount: (TEN.Masalar=$1)}

As explained that returns comma separated remaining amounts for all tickets that created for Masa6. If you add RemainingAmount > 0 filter that will display amounts only for open tickets.

3 Likes

Is there a way to display time of last food order in kitchen with captions?

I’m using this kitchen setup and I see it uses Task Types:

It would be great to see how long the table has been waiting for their food straight in the Table screen!

1 Like

You can put {TIME} expression to display time order was taken. This would give you an idea of what time the table order was last taken. If you want how many minutes lapsed, then that tutorial or a forum search for kitchen timer display or something like that will give results that could help show you how much time has past since order was taken per table

Which Table Screen are you talking about?