Custom Package Delivery for V5

You can use the ticket number or assign a rand number as a ticket tag, which also prints onto the receipt so you can scan it to reopen it

Search forum for barcode ticket and youll get some more posts to read

3 Likes

Emre has always good instruction, but it is a bit unclear for me. Is there anyone can help me how to create a new delivery status? Thanks a lot!

Hi, thank you for this incredible solution, I hope to be asking on the right section, I was wondering if is possible to set a tab that display the ticket screen? meaning I want this screen

On the tab “Tickets de Clientes”

The idea is take order first and customer after that.

Thanks.

That won t be possible. Unfortunately but you can add buttons to navigate the two easily.

Hi Kendash thank you for you reply, do you mean that is possible to add a button to display the ticket screen? Like instead the “Mostrart Ticket” one ?

No you will not be able to see ticket screen on an Entity Screen.

Well, I don’t think is a good idea. What if after customer place order than find out it was out of delivery area? That is such a waste of time.
Always better to know your customer first, maybe this customer always complaint so you know it before hand and be careful. Or sometime the customer forgot to mention allergy, you can have the note on account to make sure you get everything right.

2 Likes

@Jesse How to make deliverer report, with total delivery charge they collected and total tickets they delivered?

Well I would refer to the report documentation at kb.sambapos.com and derive how I should build it based off that.

Here deliverer is Ticket tag. But now am using entities as deliverers. How to change it

I did it​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:, happy because I learnt some thing about custom reports.

[Delivery Reports:3,2,2,2]
@{REPORT ENTITY DETAILS:E.Name:(ET=Deliverers):,}
Deliverer|Ticket Count|Delivery Charge|Ticket Total
$1|{REPORT TICKET COUNT:(TEN.Deliverers=$1)}|{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Delivery Service) AND (TEN.Deliverers=$1)}|{REPORT TICKET TOTAL:(TEN.Deliverers=$1)}

Total|{REPORT TICKET COUNT:(TY=Delivery Ticket) }|{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=Delivery Service) AND (TY=Delivery Ticket)}|{REPORT TICKET TOTAL:(TY=Delivery Ticket)}

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I have V5 trial getting ready for a client. I have enabled the UK postcode look up.

I’m based in australia and would like to setup address auto complete so when i’m typing the address it completes the address, postcode, city automatically.

After I enabled the UK postcode lookup, I went in the script and change the country.

When i create a new customer it finds the postcode and the county. But I want to autocomplete the entire address.

I have limited knowledge, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Postcode lookup from the Configuration Task no longer works without modification - Google changed they way they handle usage of the Google Maps API to a paid model (with $200 free usage per month). So you need to get an API key from Google then update the code to pass the API key as well as use HTTPS. I provided more details about this previously along with some sample code here:

Also, AFAIK in Australia (as compared to the UK), zip codes do not give street level data, so you won’t get the same level of accuracy as for the UK. So you can change country code to AU and get part of the address but you will then need to enter the rest.

Another option is you look at integrating another Postcode lookup API, but that is another topic in itself, and also any such APIs are not going to be free, typically pay per use, so may not be suitable to your needs - unless of course zip code data is freely available in Australia and then therefore you could in theory create your own lookup by storing the zip code data in a database table (I have done this for a client based in Jersey where Google Maps is not accurate).

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have changed the UK to AU and i get a little bit of information but not all of it. I have also used google api, I don’t mind paying or autocomplete but when i used AU as you said it didn’t give me much information. Is there anyway we can overcome this?

Also, if there is no way of doing that. How did you manage to use existing customer address as a lookup?

Regards,
Michael

Not with Google, because the data is not available from Google, so we can’t make what does not exist.

With other Postcode APIs it may be possible, but they are going to charge you per lookup. Of course you can probably implement one, or get someone to do for you as a paid setup, but just remember the ongoing cost you will have for every time you lookup an address. If this is something acceptable to you, you can post on the Ads category, or you can send me a PM my company could help.

99% of our customers are in the UK, for which Google Maps API works fine for their needs for UK lookup as you get street level to the street name then just need to enter the house number. For the few customers we did setups before in Australia, we implemented with Google Maps API and they just accepted that was what was available for free, they were not willing to pay a per lookup price and additional setup cost.

Is there anyway to recall a street name that was already used in a previous customer? I can import the existing database from the old POS system then use that as a recall function of street name and suburb.

Thanks again for your help

The original lookup used a csv file. Will be on a really old topic somewhere.
Bit more interesting if you ain’t to do both but posible.

Has anyone used getaddress.io ?
I wonder if it can be implemented to SambaPOS?

Basically you get an API key from their website and then send a get request with your API key and requested postcode (and optional door number) every time you need to lookup an address.

• It is free for up to 20 API calls per day (so might be suffice for adding customers as other times you are just recalling them on the POS)
  • It’s cheap for larger number of API calls per day.

Example get request with postcode only:

https://api.getAddress.io/find/nn13er?api-key={api-key}

Response:

{
    "latitude": 52.24593734741211,
    "longitude": -0.891636312007904,
    "addresses":
    ["10 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "12 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "14 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "16 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "18 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "2 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "20 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "22 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "24 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "26 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "26a Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "26b Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "26c Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "26d Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "28 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "2a Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "30 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "32 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "36 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "38 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "4 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "40 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "40b Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "42 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "44 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "46 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "48 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "50 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "8 Watkin Terrace, , , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 1, 6 Watkin Terrace, , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 1, Watkin Court, Watkin Terrace, , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 2, 6 Watkin Terrace, , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 2, Watkin Court, Watkin Terrace, , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 3, 6 Watkin Terrace, , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 3, Watkin Court, Watkin Terrace, , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 4, 6 Watkin Terrace, , , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 4, Watkin Court, Watkin Terrace, , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 5, Watkin Court, Watkin Terrace, , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 6, Watkin Court, Watkin Terrace, , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 7, Watkin Court, Watkin Terrace, , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 8, Watkin Court, Watkin Terrace, , , Northampton, Northamptonshire",
    "Flat 9, Watkin Court, Watkin Terrace, , , Northampton, Northamptonshire"]
}

And example with door number:

https://api.getAddress.io/find/nn13er/10?api-key={api-key}&expand=true

Response:

{
    "postcode": "NN1 3ER",
    "latitude": 52.24593734741211,
    "longitude": -0.891636312007904,
    "addresses":
    [
    {
    "formatted_address": [
        "10 Watkin Terrace",
        "",
        "",
        "Northampton",
        "Northamptonshire"
     ],
        "thoroughfare":  "Watkin Terrace",
        "building_name":  "",
        "sub_building_name":  "",
        "sub_building_number":  "",
        "building_number":  "10",
        "line_1":  "10 Watkin Terrace",
        "line_2":  "",
        "line_3":  "",
        "line_4":  "",
        "locality":  "",
        "town_or_city":  "Northampton",
        "county":  "Northamptonshire",
        "district":  "Northampton",
        "country":  "England"
    }
    ]
}

The downside is that it is for UK addresses only, I believe.

1 Like

Interesting.
It should be implementable in samba with script helpers for webpost function.
Question would be displaying the list. Posibly prompt which think had drop down feature added a while back. Posibly with ask question if number of addresses isn’t too long and some creative layout with addresses in question and number as buttons.

2 Likes