Daily/Weekly/Monthly Cleaning

There has to be some form of search/filter field?

There was a field to add tasks but I removed it as I thought maybe they could be added another way?

Just snapped charger port off my laptop (loose and wiggly) so just gonna solder it back on and get back on it.

Edit

Right laptop fixed, wire snapped off the power plug in laptop! Whole blimmin motherboard removal :rage::rage:

Ok, so.

Ive made it so I can add tasks, how do i then make sure theyre kept even when complete and workperiod started again?

im completely stuck, there is no wiki on it… its greyed out on the wiki page

Here is what I have so far, if someone would be so kind to guide me along that would be appreciated.

I want someone to be able to press the task and then description for it to give an ask question popup to give a description of the job. The complete bit works, but I want it to put the name of the user that completed it within that box if its possible?

They need to reset Daily/Weekly/Monthly depending on the Entity screen (I have 3 set up which are opened from an ask question popup)

Any help would be appreciated, ive been fiddling for 3 days now and it isnt sinking in

Matt

There is a tutorial that comes up third on search for task list.

I’ve got that far, I’ve already followed that

I just dont know how to format the buttons or make them work as AMC or how to make the buttons reset daily/w/m

Matt

There is are Actions called “Add Task” and “Update Task”. One option you could do is when a task is marked as completed, it will create a new task with a new start date.

1 Like

Excellent.

I’ve been looking up rules, how would a rule fire if a task has been completed?

There is a “Task Completed Command” box in the “Task Editor” settings. I think that would fire a AMC. Not sure, haven’t tried that (yet).

1 Like

thanks bob, that gives me something to work on.

ill have another go at it now

Emre’s Reservation setup deals heavily on Tasks and reports. I know it’s a different animal from what you’re trying to do, but the logic behind it can be very useful.

1 Like

Bob, weve got this.

you are a star, ive managed to get a popup from a task. I now know how the work as AMC

My only ask now is how to get them to display the user name that completed it?

You will have to create a custom field in actions it would be something like UserName=[:UserName]. If you want more fields, just put a comma then follow the same format.

I know this is totally wrong… i cant seem to get any output though?

Try ‘{SETTING:CURRENTUSER}’ or {:CURRENTUSER}

I’ve got to open up the shop, I won’t be available for a while.

i cant even get a MSG TEST to fire with it. its completely bizarre

Edit: Ok sort of getting there, I had to create my own completed button as it seems to break if I use the Complete button already there. Created a Done button instead.

Still not dishing out the user name though

Gives out {:CURRENTUSER} Rather than the user name

Edit no it doesnt I didnt have the : in

Right, im there. Done.

Daily Jobs sorted, whew.

Now to do triggers to make weekly and monthly.

Its not clear how to delete tasks?