Entity screen with custom report with print button

Im hoping the community can help me.

This was posted last year but did not get much attention so I’m posting again.

I would like to add a print button on and custom report entity screen.

I want my waiters to handle their own cashup at the end of the day, without them going into the admin or main menu side of Sambapos. This can be done via the entity screens easily if i can manage to get the print button to work for that specific custom report.

Previous post from forum member @adam100

Are you using that task based kitchen screen? Nm you said report. So his post it would have been simple to just feed the ticket Id. For you though you first need to create your screen with the reports. Have you planned how to do that yet?

i’ve done that I believe Kendash unless i’m understanding you wrong, all i’ve done so far is create an entity screen with a custom report widget and I’ve even created a print screen button (Automation) but it does not work.

You need to use the print report automation and feed that users report into it. Did you make separate reports for each user?

The report has the following in it, using Current user:

[Server Sales Details:3,5,5,3] Date:|{DATE} {SETTING:CURRENTUSER} T.No.|Table|Payment|Total {REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:T.TicketNumber,EN.Tables,P.Type,TN.TotalAmount:(TU={SETTING:CURRENTUSER})} Credit Card: ||R{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Credit Card) AND (TU={SETTING:CURRENTUSER})} Cash:||R{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Cash) AND (TU={SETTING:CURRENTUSER})} Zapper:||R{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Zapper) AND (TU={SETTING:CURRENTUSER})} Account:||R{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Customer Account) AND (TU={SETTING:CURRENTUSER})} Voucher:||R{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(PT=Voucher) AND (TU={SETTING:CURRENTUSER})} TOTAL:||R{REPORT PAYMENT TOTAL:(TU={SETTING:CURRENTUSER})}

So you must educate me on why cant this just be printed as a report? Can I just create a print job and add it to the Automation button?

Use the print report action. Print jobs are for tickets not reports.

2019-01-05%2016_19_49-Window

Ok I have created that, what is the next step

I’ve not done but I would imagine you need to pass paramiters like you would in the report widget.

Just create an automation command button and a rule to fire it. No parameters to pass. It will print for currentuser.

Could you use this same work flow to print a list of what is low in inventory?

You can create automation buttons to do just about anything.