I have exited the design mode before exiting and closing out of the program. I’ve also tried dragging columns off the layout screen as well. No matter what method I’ve utilized, it doesn’t save.
I’ve tried deleting the layout file but it doesn’t make any difference and it doesn’t recreate with our entity fields configured. We’re creating customer entities and are trying to customize the search layout screen and remove columns that are not needed for normal searches.
I’m not in front of it right now but I’m guessing it may have to due with the number of fields for the entity or something similar. If I recall correctly, If we delete the database and start with a default layout and entity fields, it creates the file and saves the changes.
If we restore the database, with multiple entity fields, it fails to work properly. The fields are fundamental customer fields, such as first name, last name, address, city, etc with a few additional fields for notes. I am planning on trying to start from scratch and narrow down when and what seems to cause it to not work properly.
With us preloading entities in, the custom screen was very sluggish to get to. To emphasize, this is based off my memory and may be a bit off. I’ll try to post/edit when I’ve gotten to run through it again.
As an additional note and separate topic, trying to customize the layout when adding in a new customer led to a ridiculously large xml file and sluggish response. As such, we were planning on leaving it to the default layout of one row per field, which leaves quite a bit of vertical scrolling but significantly improved responsiveness.
Thank you for taking the time to add some information.