Combo deal setup help

Everything has to be done with payment, so why this forum was created? I see your tutorial ( Intelligent Auto Combo Building - Build combination deals on the fly as you add orders the way the customer talks) and done all steps perfectly and its also working perfectly. But now i just need one thing and that is Click on Custom button Like “Hamburger Deal” and all promotional products were selected.

1 x Hamburger
2 x Cold Drink
1 x Fries

So now tell me how much i have to pay for this work.
thanks

This forum is no different than, say, MSDN, or Oracle forums. People who use it comment and suggest when possible. If you need the company itself to support an issue there’s a charge.

Let’s say you have a car and the repair manual. You need a new alternator. You have the part. If you can’t get it done, and no one is able to help you, you have to pay a mechanic.

It’s late morning in Turkey right now. I don’t know if SambaPOS support works on the weekend. I believe the per-incident support fee is $50 for the first two hours. You’d have to check the store for current pricing.

1 Like

The forum is a community forum. It was not created to be a free support forum but a lot of our members do enjoy helping. If it’s something simple often we will chime in. If it’s interesting the community may help you. We can’t force people to be interested in things. This automation is rather advanced and it looks like people are not interested in it enough.

If it’s urgent for your business then you can always offer pay for an expert.

It’s important to understand this is not a support forum. It’s a community of passionate sambapos users, resellers, and fans dedicated to helping contribute to the project.

3 Likes

I second this suggestion. Unless you’re tracking inventory just keep it simple.

1. Create a menu category called “Deals”
  2. Create a product for each deal.
  3. For each product create Order Tag Groups for each deal as needed and price them all at $0.
    (1) A group for each required option such as Main Options (Chicken Qurma, Malai Qeema)
    (2) A group for all standard options (Roti, Salad, Drink)
    (3) Set your product to autotag options as they’re added

This would require no large customization from the standard install or ticket templates. I’ve been a user of SambaPOS for over 5 years. I don’t think you’ll find a better system with a stronger user forum anywhere.

2 Likes

From the video can’t tell exactly how emre set this up but surely if you already have the deals setup and just want a ‘quick add preset selection of products’ then just do with automation.
Yes would be laborious if you have 20 deals but not that complicated.
Custom menu item button with command deal 1.
Rule for command deal 1 to include add product a, add product b add product c…

1 Like

Sir @JTRTech
I saw your work on the forum thanks to give you precious time to my post and hope you will understand me and help me.
First of all I come to your opinion. You mean to say that I have to create rule for each Deal. Each rule will include my products. That’s even better. I also want this That I press a button and by pressing this button my other related products also add the order. If possible, guide me through the rules how to make.

Now I want to show my current setup and request you to please check this if there is any mistake you can see then please guide me. Some steps was done by Emre Tutorials ( Ideas for Combo Setup) and Actions were missing in Emere Tutorial then I create Actions from Ideas for Combo Setup Post #42 Jesse.
As you can see in my screen shot.

Pic#1
Pic#2
Pic#3

Pic#4
Pic#5
Pic#6
06 ![07|295x307]
Pic#7
Pic#8
Pic#9
Pic#10
Pic#11
Pic#12
Pic#13

Rules

Rule 3
Rule 4

Custom Button

Thanks.

OK, thought you didn’t get directions for emres setup?
So it’s setup using a report expression and a loop values, guessed that would be the case.
So does that automation not work?

Sir, I create all steps as shown in my previous post but the automation not work I am sharing you my video you can see.

Unless its cut off it appears that the report expression in automation command isn’t closed up. Can you make sure that a closing bracket is after your comma (,).

{REPORT MENU ITEM DETAILS:M.Name:(MTC.Promotion)=[:CommandValue]):,}

Thanks for this one error and I clear it but issue not solved.
Capture

I see some other things which may be missing. I’ll try and take a look at it later tonight.

Okay, so I put something together pretty quick. After reviewing the forum posts and what you have you’re missing a lot of automation to add/update the orders along with the order group. This isn’t something I use a lot, but hopefully some of my screens will help you a little.

I didn’t bother going any further with the order selects or order tag handling.

2 Likes

oh great, sir you share with me your Ruls sir please can you share with me your Actions because If this is working on your side as you show then I have to adopt your settings. If possible then share your setting file by export tools or backup

Now there is some hope. I done some changes that you told me and I do as I understand. After changes there is a Move in my Ticket Order Screen that you can see in screen shot.

Here is the Result

Your GroupKey setting is mispelled on the group update and the price tag should be set to your Deal value {SETTING:Deal}.

1 Like

after correction of my mistake group working perfect just Price issue remaining.
Capture1

Result is

Sorry basically I am new so these little mistakes happened.

Did you update the order promotion price setting? Can you show/expand that action?

1 Like

Sir. you are the great you dont know what you do for me. I was working on it from last 2 months and I was very disapointed from Samba and I was thinking to move my restaurant to any other software but you helped me alooooooooooot because I like samba. I am very thankful to your. I am so happy because of your help

After made this changes prices issue also resolved.
image_2021-02-23_103644

No problem Bajo. I appreciate people that try to fix their issues and improve their knowledge of the system .

FYI though. Based on Emres setup allowing for multiple deals on single items you shouldn’t use ITEM TAG:Promotion for the price list. You need to use the specific deal selected that’s why I used {SETTING:Deal}.

That way you’re getting the specific deal. Otherwise if you have multiple deals per item it won’t resolve the price list definition.

1 Like

A calculation issue is happened in this system if help in this matter I am very thankful to you.
Please see the screen shot.

result