Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink

In-short, that will not happen. That is what DB Tools Import Files are for.

You will need to post screenshots of your configuration, specifically, show your Product Tag Editor Screen to verify productType is properly set.

You should also read through this entire Topic to see how others solved mis-configuration problems.

You have no productType Tag defined. You should do that in Program Settings, then use the Tag Editor to set your Products to use Food or Drink for the productType

Then your Rules will use the {ITEM TAG:productType} as a constraint …

##Actions

##Rules

Yes uou are right no program tag defined.

By not defining product tag kitchen display wont work??

Easy setup for Kitchen Display - DB Tools Import File

Updated and Moved HERE.

2 Likes

Just write this as it is in program settings or define a tag for product type??
Please guide me to add product type where ever its needed to add…

For the Kitchen Display, you just need productType

The other Tags are for different things.

1 Like

Nothing happening same result…

Show the Settings of the Printer …

Show the Settings of the Task Editor Widget …

It would be easiest if you simply deleted all of the KD setup elements:

• Rules
  • Actions
  • Automation Command
  • Entity Screen
  • Task Types
  • Print Jobs
  • Printer Templates
  • Printers

Then import the DB Tools file from my previous post. It contains all of the above elements, pre-configured.

Then verify the Print Job Mappings.

I just did exactly as above, and it works.

Yuppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy…
I get through :smile: :sunglasses:

@QMcKay
But One thing my kitchen display is scattered, see if you could help…

But my printer template is giving me preview like this…

You cannot use the same Printer Template that you would use for printing Orders on a Printer to Paper (ie. a Ticket Printer).

Printing on Paper (Ticket Printer) and Printing to a Task Editor Widget (Task Printer) are different. They are not compatible. The Task Printer does not understand the Tags (ie. <L00>) like a Ticket printer does.

You need to use a Template like is included in the DB Tools file, specifically something like this:

KD Template GUI - Food

[LAYOUT]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
++{ORDER DATE} {ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Id={NAME}-{ORDER UID})
(TID={TICKET ID})
(Color=#FF333333)
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
++{ORDER DATE} {ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Id={NAME}-{ORDER UID})
(TID={TICKET ID})
(Color=#FF333333)
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
++{ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Id={NAME}-{ORDER UID})
(Color=#FF550000)
XXXXX VOID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:VIP Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Happy Hour Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Crust]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Sauces]
<size 14><color LightSalmon><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Meat]
<size 14><color #FFCCCCFF><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Veggies]
<size 14><color #FFCCFFCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Cheese]
<size 14><color Yellow><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza EXTRAS Small]
<size 15><color #FF55FF55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza EXTRAS Medium Whole]
<size 15><color #FF55FF55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza EXTRAS Large Whole]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Condiments]
<size 14><color #FFFFCCCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:SideServings]
<size 14><color Orange><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] [='{ORDER TAG NAME}'.replace('SIDE ','')]</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP|Sauteed,OTS,ADD,SIDE]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:ADD]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ ADDONS ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:Sauteed]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ SAUTEED ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:OTS]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ ON THE SIDE ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:SIDE]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ SIDES ~~~</color></size>

i used that one too check third and fourth bill from left hand side.
why its showing one order in two physical bills??

What do you mean? I don’t understand what you’re asking.

It is designed to show each Order individually. That means you submit 1,2,3,4,5 Orders on a Ticket and it creates a display that shows each of those Order individually on it’s own Task Card. That is the point of a Kitchen Display.

It is not designed to show an entire Ticket, because that is not helpful for a Kitchen Display. If you want to see entire Tickets with all the Orders on the Ticket, you have many options, like Ticket Lister, Ticket Explorer, Open a Ticket, etc.

See when i select 2 items like Pakora and chicken tikka masala from my categories in one ticket its showing in two different blocks. Why its not coming in one block as 1 order.

You don’t understand the point of the KD.

It is designed to show each Order in a different Task Card (block).

A Ticket is not an Order. Orders are the things you add to the Ticket like “Pakora” and “chicken tikka masala” … those are Orders on a Ticket.

The KD is doing exactly what it was designed to do… display Orders individually, not Tickets.

So how can we bring these two orders or how many items customer order in one ticket?

Q told you what you can use, if you dont want the orders on a ticket separating then do not use this KD tutorial

Wait, doesn’t we have task printer Group By feature? I believe I saw emre post it.