Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink

I forgot to change the Message Server setting to explicit IP. I’ve tried that and verified everything you said. Every machine use 5.1.60. Still the same behavior. Here are the screenshots

Service tool:

Server:

Client:

I have to say that this observation is not always true, but the task state changes are indeed the major (if not all) part of the update problem I’ve experienced. I’m of course not an expert on the working of SambaPOS, but it seems almost like the signal to update the screen arrived faster than the task update itself, therefore the complete state got “stuck”.

That last comment just gave me an idea that might work well for you.

Create an Action for Broadcast Message:

Create a Rule to handle Automation Command Executed event:

Navigate to your Kitchen Display, and switch to Design Mode. Right-click on the Task Editor Widget and select Settings. Add the following to the Task complete commands section:

KD Refresh Screen

Try that to see if things improve.

One more thing we can add is a Rule for Message Received event. This invokes a Navigate Module Action, which has the effect of forcing a refresh of an Entity Screen.:

1 Like

Hi. Sorry for the late reply.
Quick version: The message broadcast/receive rules didn’t help.

Longer version: I actually tried this suggestion not on the kitchen display but a setup where a task is created for every bill requested, so the actual implementation is slightly different than suggested here (basically the message broadcast is performed in the “print bill” rule). Still, I believe it does not fix the problem. Not only the “complete” state is not synced, but the task creation itself is still problematic as well.

I have giving up on Kitchen Display with Task Editor. The fact that I can’t get it update reliably is one reason, but another big reason is I cannot get the order to arrange the way they like. The individual cards version is too difficult to look at. They want the orders from the same table to be listed in a column. But if I combine orders into a single card, then the voiding is too confusing. When I show them, they much prefers the V4-style using Ticket Lister for the formatting. And of course the synchronization is perfect, even though we have to deal with the slowness of the Ticket Lister.

Thank you again for all your help though. I really appreciate it.

Im Getting an error when im trying to complete the rule for updating the food state.:

I know its regarding the State field in the constraints but im following the tutorial word for word

Please help

The Action named KD Execute KD Print - Food uses the following:

Order State: [:state]

Instead, you have used [:State]

I know it seems small, but it is important. You need to use a lower-case “s” in that parameter, because when you use an upper-case “S” then it matches/conflicts with the Rule Parameter for [:State] which is not allowed.

You could also use something like this:

Order State: [:orderState]

Either way, you will need to remove the Action from the Rule and save the Rule.

Then find that Action and make sure you use [:state] or [:orderState]` for the Order State parameter, and save the Action.

Then go back to the Rule and add the Action back in.

3 Likes

Hello
I was following this forum from last one week and also working on sambapos v5.1.62. I have tried your tutorials and some others too, so whenever I try to configure kitchen display with your tutorial I was getting weired problems like order not coming up to kitchen screen and after done design mode the buttons displaying odd behavior.
So shortly what exactly I need is .bak file of your working kitchen display database file so I could restore in my database.
One more thing the file who ever provided on top of this tutorial I tried that too but I didn’t get through same problem tickets not showing.
The problem what I realised is May be by default already some files are saved in sambapos for ticket printing in action or rules so may be that’s the problem or the version of database and sambapos.
Version what I am using is sambapos v5.1.60 that is compatible with both 2012 or 2014 sql database. Please guide me.

In-short, that will not happen. That is what DB Tools Import Files are for.

You will need to post screenshots of your configuration, specifically, show your Product Tag Editor Screen to verify productType is properly set.

You should also read through this entire Topic to see how others solved mis-configuration problems.

You have no productType Tag defined. You should do that in Program Settings, then use the Tag Editor to set your Products to use Food or Drink for the productType

Then your Rules will use the {ITEM TAG:productType} as a constraint …

##Actions

##Rules

Yes uou are right no program tag defined.

By not defining product tag kitchen display wont work??

Easy setup for Kitchen Display - DB Tools Import File

Updated and Moved HERE.

2 Likes

Just write this as it is in program settings or define a tag for product type??
Please guide me to add product type where ever its needed to add…

For the Kitchen Display, you just need productType

The other Tags are for different things.

1 Like

Nothing happening same result…

Show the Settings of the Printer …

Show the Settings of the Task Editor Widget …

It would be easiest if you simply deleted all of the KD setup elements:

• Rules
  • Actions
  • Automation Command
  • Entity Screen
  • Task Types
  • Print Jobs
  • Printer Templates
  • Printers

Then import the DB Tools file from my previous post. It contains all of the above elements, pre-configured.

Then verify the Print Job Mappings.

I just did exactly as above, and it works.

Yuppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy…
I get through :smile: :sunglasses:

@QMcKay
But One thing my kitchen display is scattered, see if you could help…

But my printer template is giving me preview like this…

You cannot use the same Printer Template that you would use for printing Orders on a Printer to Paper (ie. a Ticket Printer).

Printing on Paper (Ticket Printer) and Printing to a Task Editor Widget (Task Printer) are different. They are not compatible. The Task Printer does not understand the Tags (ie. <L00>) like a Ticket printer does.

You need to use a Template like is included in the DB Tools file, specifically something like this:

KD Template GUI - Food

[LAYOUT]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
++{ORDER DATE} {ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Id={NAME}-{ORDER UID})
(TID={TICKET ID})
(Color=#FF333333)
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
++{ORDER DATE} {ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Id={NAME}-{ORDER UID})
(TID={TICKET ID})
(Color=#FF333333)
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
++{ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Id={NAME}-{ORDER UID})
(Color=#FF550000)
XXXXX VOID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:VIP Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Happy Hour Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Crust]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Sauces]
<size 14><color LightSalmon><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Meat]
<size 14><color #FFCCCCFF><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Veggies]
<size 14><color #FFCCFFCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Cheese]
<size 14><color Yellow><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza EXTRAS Small]
<size 15><color #FF55FF55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza EXTRAS Medium Whole]
<size 15><color #FF55FF55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza EXTRAS Large Whole]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Condiments]
<size 14><color #FFFFCCCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:SideServings]
<size 14><color Orange><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] [='{ORDER TAG NAME}'.replace('SIDE ','')]</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP|Sauteed,OTS,ADD,SIDE]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:ADD]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ ADDONS ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:Sauteed]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ SAUTEED ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:OTS]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ ON THE SIDE ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:SIDE]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ SIDES ~~~</color></size>

i used that one too check third and fourth bill from left hand side.
why its showing one order in two physical bills??