Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink

When you posted the following error, I indicated that you needed to upgrade from CE to SQL Express…

In my reply immediately following yours…

This is an issue with CE, not v5.1.58. I have been running this Kitchen Display since the Tutorial was created and have upgraded from .55 all the way to .58 with no issue.

I make the tutorial with 5.1.5.5 and work fine, after migrate the database to (testing) sql server 2016 RC0 and work fine, after upgrade to 5.1.5.8 and work fine too.

Now I testing because work great with beverage but not show any with food (yes i have items with {GROUP CODE}=Food, It does not work the void or cancel on beverages but I think is the void is configured only on food (i re configure to add beverages and try).

** Space for updates of procedure **

Your screenshot indicates the Food has been printed as shown by Order Status FPrinted. As to why it is not showing up, it is hard to say.

Be aware that States, variables, GroupCodes, etc are CASE-SENSITVE. Even though the Ticket shows FPRINTED in all-UPPERCASE, your Actions and Rules must use the same character-case all the way through. The Tutorial uses exactly these for Food, in this order: FNotPrinted, FPrinting, FPrinted. The State flow/switching is what makes this work, so it is very important that it is done exactly as shown.

There are many possible points of failure. Now that you have shown what is not working, we need to look at a lot of things… Noting what I said above, the smallest thing can break the entire flow. And the case-sensitivity or spelling mistakes are often the culprit.

• Task Type for Food
  • Printer setup for Food (Custom Printer with DOT as Printer Name, and Settings configured to use the above Task Type)
  • Print Job for Food
  • Printer Template for Food
  • Product(s) having GroupCode=Food
  • Action for Execute Print Job for Food
  • Action for Update Order State for Food
  • Rules for Food, and possibly Rules for Beverages
  • Task Editor Widget Properties and Settings on the KD Custom Entity Screen for the Food Task Type

That is correct. This is by design for 2 reasons:

• I wanted to show different ways where you could have 1 Order per Task Card, or multiple Order per Task Card, in the same Tutorial. You can extrapolate and modify it for your own needs.

• this setup is the way I like it to be, and how I use it in my own venue.

If you want to be able to do Voids on Beverages, you will need to set up Beverages in exactly the same way as Food. As-is, with the Beverages all being grouped on a single Task Card, it does not know how to handle the Void of a single item on that Card. Only the Food configured is set up to handle this.

2 Likes

im using multiple remote desktop.
i want if select new order, play sound on kitchen screen ?
how do this?

As soon as new order comes up just smack the screen with a spatula that will make a sound. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

im using v5
can i when add order , play sound on tablet? and im sorry for my bad english :slight_smile:

Search the forum for “Play sound” …

Helo, sorry for the late answer but i had a lot of work to doing…
i dont resolved the problem. it is possible that is has to do with some other things like sql or the sambapos version?
Here is the sreenshot from the Action you asked…

can i use kitchen display on SambaposV4?

or have you any working kitchen display on V4

This tutorial is just for V5.

There are other kitchen display setups for V4, here is one:

https://forum.sambapos.com/t/kitchen-display-v2-courses-seats/1495

You can search the forum you might find some others.

I found the solution

It needs to be “NewState” and not “State” :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out @Manuel. No wonder so many people have had trouble implementing this. This is a SambaPOS bug that has been around for a very long time.

I changed the copy/paste text in the Tutorial to reflect what is shown in the screenshot for the Update Order State Action.

@emre, this is actually a “bug” as I see it. I have experienced this before when using variable/parameter name [:State] instead of something else like [:state] or [:newState]. I believe this is 1 of the only actions that has this issue with the parameter name, though it may be an issue with other “State” Actions as well. I remember this from a long time ago, so I continue to use parameter names that do not match the Action parameters, and just don’t think about it anymore.

Note to self: do not do Tutorials manually using screenshots and typed text anymore dude. Use Tutorial Builder Helper (TBH) instead and you won’t have this problem ever again. I mean seriously, why spend the time to code TBH and not use it ?!?!? Idiot me. :wink:

2 Likes

Helo @QMcKay,
one question about merging orders in kitchen screen, for me its not working yet,
and i dont know what to do…
I want to have all orders for 1 ticket in 1 part how i can change that??

this is one ticket but it showing every product partly…

Am yet to try a kitchen display but isn’t it formatted through print template?
There is a option on print template to print per line etc…
Might be way off, as said not done kitchen display yet.

Look at the Beverages portion of the Tutorial… it does exactly that… just set up the Food the same way as Beverages.

thx for the fast answer i will look for that…

I noticed something with this, as tickets build up during a shift the list gets very very long and it slows things down even if they are marked as done. Is there some way to mitigate this maybe by having them vanish on their own?

I have already checked don’t create task history and only display completed tasks for 5 minutes but they still appear.

Thanks

That is what this is for …

Be sure you are running the latest V5.1.59

Show your Widget Settings.

Hello,

Is it possible to make ticket notes appear? I edited the Kitchen Display Template - Food and added {NOTES} but it just displays the world “{NOTES}” and not the text.