Kitchen/Bar Display using Task Printer - separate displays for Food and Drink

Something like this:

(TNO={TICKET NO})

Then for the Widget Parameter for Custom data group by, use the word TNO.

Or Ticket Id should work as well…

(TID={TICKET ID})

Then for the Widget Parameter for Custom data group by, use the word TID.

Here is my printer configurations for the task printer. Maybe this is what i am missing, what are Product tags? I have never set this up. I see the Product Tag Editor screen. What should I be putting in there?

Nevermind, that IS it. I just saw your walk through above for adding product tags. I’ll go ahead and give that a try and let you know. Thanks

Ok that was it, I can see the orders on the display. The only thing not showing is Order Tags. What could I be missing there? I can upload any screen shots that you may need. Thanks.

What shows on the Kitchen Display Task Cards is controlled by the Task Printer Template(s).

Here is my template:

[LAYOUT]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
++{ORDER DATE} {ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Id={NAME}-{TICKET ID}-{ORDER UID})
(TID={TICKET ID})
(Color=#FF333333)
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
<color White><bold><size 16><font Consolas>[=('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2)] {PRODUCT NAME}</font></size></bold></color>[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas> <color #FF55FF33><size 14><italic>{PORTION}</italic></size></color></font>'] <bold> FREE</bold>
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
++{ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(Color=#FF550000)
XXXXX VOID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
<bold>[=('{QUANTITY}'>1 ? ('{QUANTITY}'+'  ').substr(0,2) : '  ')] {PRODUCT NAME}</bold>
[='{PORTION}'=='' ? '' : '<font Consolas>  <color #FF55FF33><size 17><bold>{PORTION}</bold></size></color></font>']
{SORTED ORDER TAGS}

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:VIP Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Happy Hour Discount]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Crust]
-- do not print

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Sauces]
<size 14><color LightSalmon><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Meat]
<size 14><color #FFCCCCFF><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Veggies]
<size 14><color #FFCCFFCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza Cheese]
<size 14><color Yellow><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza EXTRAS Small]
<size 15><color #FF55FF55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza EXTRAS Medium Whole]
<size 15><color #FF55FF55><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Pizza EXTRAS Large Whole]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:Condiments]
<size 14><color #FFFFCCCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS:SideServings]
<size 14><color Orange><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] [='{ORDER TAG NAME}'.replace('SIDE ','')]</font></color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP|Sauteed,OTS,ADD,SIDE]

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:ADD]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ ADDONS ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:Sauteed]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ SAUTEED ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:OTS]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ ON THE SIDE ~~~</color></size>

[SORTED ORDER TAGS GROUP:SIDE]
<size 14><color LightSalmon>     ~~~ SIDES ~~~</color></size>

Do I need to specify each order tag in this template or can I just have it setup similar to the ticket printer where it prints all order tags?

No, you don’t need to specify each Tag Group. You can set it up just like a physical print template, but keep in mind, Task Printers do not understand things like <L00> etc, so remove those leading tags.

So have this section (note last line changed from {SORTED ORDER TAGS} to simply {ORDER TAGS}):

[ORDERS]
++{ORDER DATE} {ORDER TIME} {ENTITY NAME:Table} {ENTITY NAME:Customer}
(TID={TICKET ID})
(Color=#FF333333)
{ORDER TAGS}

And this type of section:

[ORDER TAGS]
<size 14><color #FFCCFFCC><font Consolas>   [=('{ORDER TAG QUANTITY}'>1 ? {ORDER TAG QUANTITY} : ' ')] {ORDER TAG NAME}</font></color></size>

Ok, one final issue I have with the display. I have everything displaying properly, but how can I make the screen refresh? It will stay the same unless you exit out of it and return to it. Need it to refresh every, say, 3 seconds. Thanks.

It will refresh automatically when Orders are added, removed,or changed.

The Message Server needs to be configured and running to enable this.

I’m pretty sure that I have messaging server configured properly. I have it setup on the server computer on port 8383. I installed it as a windows service. I have my clients connected to it and they have the green connected sign in the bottom left of the screen. Are there any other settings I should update?

Did you set it up as 8383+ ? And you set it up only on the server not each client?

No, i didn’t. Should there be a “+” ?

Not required I don’t think this tutorial uses GQL I was just wondering because if you did the connection needs to be defined differently.

Your clients are set to connect to server pc right?

Yes, server runs message service, clients connect to it. They are connected successfully, but the screens don’t refresh.

Just for curiosity can you show a clients message server setup to be sure it’s correct?

Try using the servers IP address instead of name.

here is the server settings